Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone in the IMBOC. We have recently become new members ,enthusiasts, and owners of a 01 True Blue Bullitt #1383. I have tried to unscramble some of the actual numerical production data and still need some further input so if you can help with my quandries it would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that there actually were only 5582 units issued tot he public versus the 6500 originally targeted. Is this correct? Of this, there were a proposed 500 to come to Canada. Is this accurate? How many actually made it here? Finally, how many True Blues are in the Canadian allotment?
Its great to be a memeber and I hope to meet and converse with some of you.

Fairwood

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC from Vancouver Island. The overall production figure is 5582, plus, I believe, 5 cars that went to the McQueen family, plus a number of pre- production/test vehicles. Canadian numbers as follows:
458 total Canadian Spec Bullitts:
337 Highland Green
98 Black
And you will like this only 23 True Blue!!
Congratulations on your recent acquisition
Canadian Bullitts differ from their US counterparts:
Illuminated sunvisors.
Block Heater
Daytime Running Lights
Speedo and Odo in Kms.
Canadian purchasers also received a letter from Ford, Bullitt DVD and other goodies.
Where do you hail from in our great country?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Don't forget. Of the 23 TB Canadian Bullitts, only 6 had the standard radio. The balance of the TB had the optional Mach 460. That would be the most rare 01 Bullitt. So, the question now is, do you have a Canadian Bullitt that came with the standard radio/CD, or the Mach 460?

I thank Jimmy Ray for this tidy little tid-bit of information.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Don't forget the Canadian Bullitts are faster too.
Nah, it's not that they're faster - it's just a misconception because of the U.S. to Canada MPH exchange rate..............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vanislebullitt said:
Welcome to IMBOC from Vancouver Island. The overall production figure is 5582, plus, I believe, 5 cars that went to the McQueen family, plus a number of pre- production/test vehicles. Canadian numbers as follows:
458 total Canadian Spec Bullitts:
337 Highland Green
98 Black
And you will like this only 23 True Blue!!
Congratulations on your recent acquisition
Canadian Bullitts differ from their US counterparts:
Illuminated sunvisors.
Block Heater
Daytime Running Lights
Speedo and Odo in Kms.
Canadian purchasers also received a letter from Ford, Bullitt DVD and other goodies.
Where do you hail from in our great country?
Gary thanks for the information. My car has the 460stereo but I don't feel too badly about the lack of a standard radio. Its been a thrill to drive once I changed from the factory rubber to Forteza all around with the rear modified to 225/55-17. this take some of the sharpnest out of the ride w/o ruining the handling and it balances the appearance by filling up that rear wheel opening Thanks again Keep in touch.
fairwood (bob)
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC...Bob

When i started looking for a Bullitt i wanted a True Blue but could not find one...so i got a Black...next best color for a Bullitt....my opinion of course:lol: ...ok....let the flaming began.......

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Wecome Bob, obviously you are from Ontario. What area????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.