·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Not having good luck, are they.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Just got a text from Paul. They crossed the border about an hour ago. Should be home in about two hours.
thats good news...they had a bummer of a trip...an no racing...really felt for them..good guys!!

·
3,389 Posts
hmmmm, seems like me being stuck working this year was a blessing in disguise! Poor guys, crappy luck on this trip from the get go.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Well we made it home at 1am and not a moment too soon. About an hour south of Cinci the alternator puked and we drove till the battery ran out. Put the Bullitt battery in the truck to get to a Ford dealer that could not do anything until 4-5pm. They were real helpful and called around to find a parts store in town with an alternator and we did our new trick of repairing things in the parking lot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We really enjoyed your company and companionship while you'all were here. Sorry to hear of your vehicle/trailer problems. Really glad you were able to solve them and get home okay. Also, sorry about the crummy weather and no racing. Hope next year will be better.

Jack Mathews

·
Registered
740 Posts
Seems like a lot of problems, trailer wiring, weather, Wallfes , alternator, I hope you guys had some good runs while you were there.:smile:

Rick

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
giles01516 said:
Seems like a lot of problems, trailer wiring, weather, Wallfes , alternator, I hope you guys had some good runs while you were there.:smile:

Rick
No runs, the weather closed both tracks. :(

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The weather: sucked.

The equipment: iffy.

The Bullitthead times: Priceless.

Thanks for going through all that guys. I promise, we'll do better next year.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
The weather: sucked.

The equipment: iffy.

The Bullitthead times: Priceless.

Thanks for going through all that guys. I promise, we'll do better next year.
Do you have an inside scoop on the weather, David? :lol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
The main thing, the bullitt times were great :cool:

rick

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Despite the trying times during the trip, having to pull out the tools too many times, eating some sort of mystery meat sandwich at the Waffle House, we had a great time again! Got home around 2:30AM, absolutely exhausted! Can't wait to do it again next year :smile:

Went through about 11 tanks of fuel in the CG and less than an 1/8 in the Bullitt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Despite the trying times during the trip, having to pull out the tools too many times, eating some sort of mystery meat sandwich at the Waffle House, we had a great time again! Got home around 2:30AM, absolutely exhausted! Can't wait to do it again next year

Went through about 11 tanks of fuel in the CG and less than an 1/8 in the Bullitt
Glutton for punishment, I guess I got to make plans a go someday.:lol:

Rick

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I was just thinking, I guess this means as of right now, I am the reigning Super Street heads up Texas Bullit Mach 1 Shootout Champion! LOL! :bigguns: 3 years undisputed!!! Dang I'm good! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
cdnTB#2021 said:
I was just thinking, I guess this means as of right now, I am the reigning Super Street heads up Texas Bullit Mach 1 Shootout Champion! LOL! :bigguns: 3 years undisputed!!! Dang I'm good! :D
A Bullitt will never win it again! :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mach1Marauder said:
A Bullitt will never win it again! :D
But remember Bill--- 1. you got to not RED LIGHT!! 2.whats it take to beat a stock long block bullitt with bolt on's?? Evidently it takes a 4valve forged motor w/twin turbos w/ a racing tranny !!!! :wink:

·
Registered
262 Posts
DOUBLE J said:
But remember Bill--- 1. you got to not RED LIGHT!! 2.whats it take to beat a stock long block bullitt with bolt on's?? Evidently it takes a 4valve forged motor w/twin turbos w/ a racing tranny !!!! :wink:
Naw bubba............not beat............put all the nails in the coffin, dig the hole and kick it in!

It will be nice seeing all you guys again......if it's held again and Mach1s are invited.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts