Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Ford of Canada today- 1-800-565-3673.
I spoke to a customer service rep, I wanted to voice my opinion on the prices of cars here in Canada vs. the U.S.
She told me that they are keeping track of complaints- so please call and complain.
She said the difference in our dollar vs. US dollar is being discussed and that hopefully something will be done shortly.
So speak up and let's get this car prices lowered!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I wonder if that will really help or if it will just show them how much interest there is in buying their cars. Why not just get one from the US instead and import it? I don't know if it is difficult or not.

You guys do have an advantage over us on other things. Paul was able to get his GT500 for MSRP because ADM's are not allowed in Canada.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you tell them that you are thinking of going over to the US and buying one- they then know that they are losing business. The border cities are already really feeling it. Ford and the other automakers have to address this problem.
There has already been a class action lawsuit launched over this rip off.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Whether ADMs are legal or not, every dealership I've seen around here is still putting BIG ones on the GT-500s.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
I did get lucky. I found out afterwards that in Canada any car can only be sold for a maximum of 15% over MSRP. Which, even with a 52,000 GT500 that would be around 8000.00. However, there is no cap on ADMINISTRATIVE FEES. Once that loophole was found guess what started to happen? I heard there were 25,000.00 admin fees on GT500's and the KR will be out of control.
Only problem with going outside Canada to get a car is you cannot finance it there. Either you pay cash or take a bank loan with you. Bank loan at 7.9% over 5 years vs buying in Canada, getting 0.9/1.9% etc over a five year loan more than eats up your savings.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here in London there is a GT500 sitting in one dealership- they want $5000 over MSRP for it, so that's not too bad I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts