Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer 12/24 and cancelled my 08 Bullitt order. I placed the order several months ago the order was accepted 11/09 with a order number of T825002.
The 6 weeks of FMC not doing anything PMO. I have 6 FMC products in my household
and will be visiting the competition when the next one is replaced.
FMC is not customer driven anymore, but greed driven. I thought they had figured it out, but was wrong. Next step, sell FMC stock after the first of the year.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Dallas,

I'm sorry to hear that you cnx..... But I understand and aggree with you.... I was at my dealers today and asked him why Ford would send new colletor car to dealer stock before filling customer orders.... Custemors that have already made the committment to buy, and the car will mean more to.

He didn't know what to say, I told him about how disapointed we where that all the low numbered cars where going to stock and probly custmers that could care less. I also told him about the dealer ship in Texas with 11 of them..... He couldn't believe it so he punched up the Kansas City DSO and found about 15 08 Bullitts in MO, KS, Ark and TN setting on lots..... I then showed him the link on IMBOC's thread with 11 Bullitts at 1 dealers inventory in TX......

He was shocked and didn't have answer..... Why Ford was crapping on us the Collector/ foaming the mouth Ford loyal customer.....

Another thing my VIN is 7000 vehicles after the VINs in TX???????

I bet Jay Leno didn't have to wait...

I did thank him for getting my VIn at least, Oh did you see some one on another thread ordered his Bullitt at least a 1-2 weeks after we ordered ours and his will be built before ours

·
Registered
65 Posts
ford does not do things any differently than every other manufacturer out there!

no its not right! yes its a pain in the ass! but every other car maker will do the exact same thing!

go ahead do what ever you want, but i will be the first to tell you that it will be the same way regardless if you go to gm, mopar, mb, porsche, aston, ferrari, bmw, acura, lexus....

the dealerships that sale the most will get the most cars and the first cars shipped! regardless if its for dealer stock or an order. the only thing you can do is, to order from the biggest dealer there is, something that i will refuse to do! i like to be treated like the individual i am something that is inconcievable for a large dealer!

like i said before, i ordered my mach 1 with the options that i wanted in july 02. the biggest dealer in the county recieved thier first one(dealer stock 5k over msrp) in dec 02. the 2nd biggest dealer recieved thier mach 1(dealer stock, above msrp asking price) 2 weeks later. my mach 1 came in a month after that. i know for a fact that i was the first to order one in my county!
and as i said before i know this happens at gm and mopar and every other manufacturer!

last thing no dealer has 11 bullitts in stock as of today the 26th!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It always seems that way, you put an order in before everybody else does and you are the last one to get it. You will have to go to the dealer that has them to get one now or you can wait a few years and buy one at carmax for half the price.

·
Car Whisperer
20,780 Posts
No matter who does it, it's wrong. Here's Ford, bringing IMBOC to the debut of the car and wanting the exposure and the input of a bunch of Bullitthead fanatics and yet when you order the car, they could care less. Shows how sincere they are. I think this thread ought to be sent to Ford customer Care and let the powers to be see what is happening and what their potential customer base think about it.

The stealerships could care even less than that so it is doubtful you will see any sympathy from them.

All of this at at time when car sales are down and the economy is not what it had been, you'd think Ford and the rest would be listening.

Greed kills.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I almost forgot I dont think you should switch brands. I have 3 GMs in my fleet and they give me the most problems.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good luck, man. I'm almost in the same boat as you. I'm sick of getting jerked around. yes, I know that other companies will do the same, but it isn't right. There's no point to "reserve yours today!" as the ford bullitt site so eloquently puts it if the freaking car never even gets a vin! The longer I wait, the more I talk myself out of getting the car... you're running out of time, Ford, lol. I would have no problem with the way they are doing it if Ford didn't make sound like if you didn't go to preorder that you'd never get one. Then they turn around and fill dealer stock FIRST! WTF! On D Bit... maybe they don't have them on the lot, but they are VINNed and are confirmed to be showing up... something that many of our cars are nowhere close to.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I'm glad I don't have the money to be going through the grief you guys are. If (and that's a big if,) I decide to get one, it will be on my terms.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Be patient, six months from now it won't matter - unless you give up now and end up without.

Dealers are annoying without question, but don't reject the prize because you don't like the presenter.

Going elsewhere you'll still have to wait, unless you settle for lot stock.
Patience wins out.

J.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
on d bit said:
ford does not do things any differently than every other manufacturer out there!

no its not right! yes its a pain in the ass! but every other car maker will do the exact same thing!

go ahead do what ever you want, but i will be the first to tell you that it will be the same way regardless if you go to gm, mopar, mb, porsche, aston, ferrari, bmw, acura, lexus....

the dealerships that sale the most will get the most cars and the first cars shipped! regardless if its for dealer stock or an order. the only thing you can do is, to order from the biggest dealer there is, something that i will refuse to do! i like to be treated like the individual i am something that is inconcievable for a large dealer!

like i said before, i ordered my mach 1 with the options that i wanted in july 02. the biggest dealer in the county recieved thier first one(dealer stock 5k over msrp) in dec 02. the 2nd biggest dealer recieved thier mach 1(dealer stock, above msrp asking price) 2 weeks later. my mach 1 came in a month after that. i know for a fact that i was the first to order one in my county!
and as i said before i know this happens at gm and mopar and every other manufacturer!

last thing no dealer has 11 bullitts in stock as of today the 26th!

Your right, I don't think any of them do it different..... But I really thought it was smarter to build and sell to a paying custmer vice to dealer stock, where the car sets waiting for some one to buy it.....

In my business the paying custmer gets taken care of first, the tire kickers have to wait.

All I can say about the dealer that has 11 Bullitts in stock, is your again probly right, but his web site says he has 11 Dark lhighland green mustangs with VINs, so unless proven wrong he has 11 Bullitts according to the web site....

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
They already have your sale. You wait. They are out for a conquest sale with cars on the lot. Someone comes in kicking tires, "There's the car of your dreams. You didn't know it, and now you do! What's more, I have attractive terms and if I can get you in that car today. Would you buy it?" Think about that fellas. They just sold an additional car! So, if your hurting for income. Aren't you going to do whatever it takes to make more sales, and hence more income? Comprende' Vu? :french:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Look at this message I received today by email from a dealer. . .

Thank you for your recent email request for information on the 2008 Mustang Bullitt. We are taking orders however the 2008 model Bullitt has not debuted. The 2008 Bullitt is set to arrive by late Quarter 1 on the New Year. It will have a starting price of $32K. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Bullitt Mustang please feel free to call or email me and i'll be happy to assist you. Thanks once again and I look forward to hearing from you. . .

Then they called me later in the day. . .when I told them they were already out they apologized and checked their inventory. Low and behold they had one already. Seems communication is lacking between the dealership buyers and sellers.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I don't blame anyone for being pi$$ed, not just at FORD. Limited edition, Future Collectable, Get one while they last, Be the first on your block to own one, Sale price today only. It's just car biz. whatever were talking about BULLITTs or whatever
Too bad it's that way even for us enthusiasts it's about marketing and distribution I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
When I was at Brandon Ford in Brandon, Florida (second largest Mustang seller in the nation), I counted 11 Shelby GTs. Some were white and some were black. There was a blue 2008 Shelby GT.

I wonder if we are going to see as many new Bullitts sitting on lots?

If you want one ... it's early ... be patient ......... save big bucks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
A low mile 03-04 MACH are now under 20k, maybe time to pick one for a winter driver ;)

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Man, I am sure glad i havent ordered an 08 bullitt. I had no problems when i ordered 1543. Mine was the first one that the dealer got in. I think I'll buy a gt500. Vista Blue with stripe delete over the top and no rocker stripes. That would be very very cool. Very stealthy i say.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
bullitt677 said:
I called my dealer 12/24 and cancelled my 08 Bullitt order. I placed the order several months ago the order was accepted 11/09 with a order number of T825002.
The 6 weeks of FMC not doing anything PMO. I have 6 FMC products in my household
and will be visiting the competition when the next one is replaced.
FMC is not customer driven anymore, but greed driven. I thought they had figured it out, but was wrong. Next step, sell FMC stock after the first of the year.
I can understand your frustration. I placed my order a good week before the Order Banks for job 2 opened. The order was still accepted but I did not receive a VIN until a week ago.

Personally I think your reaction is a bit over the top. Unless you don't want an '08 Bullitt at all.
Your gripe is with Ford itself, and I hope you express your concerns directly with them, because what you've related to your dealer likely won't reach Ford.
Ford initially stated, as confirmed by some dealers, that retail sales of the Bullitt were to take priority. I believe that is what Ford intended, but there has been a communication disconnect with Ford Regions. That is where the problem lies.

Ford does need to revamp it's order process. A retail sale such as yours and mine should be filled independent of the dealers orders for stock, and independent of the dealers 'allocation' for that vehicle type. Then that retail sale could be used to improve the dealers standing for allocations. This is the only way a small dealership can serve it's retail customers well, and one way it can improve it's standing for allocation.

I hope you can redirect your frustration, inform Ford, and get an '08 Bullitt.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts