Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you 2001 Bullitt owners have these caps/plugs. I only found one installed on the upper part of the rigid trunk liner. Are all the bolts supposed to have these caps/plugs? I'm thinking they do since one is present. Curious to find out what you gals/guys have regarding this issue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mid Life Crisis #388 said:
I have one on each side.
Send me one of your caps/plugs so that I can have one on each side, please.

:nerd:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bullittinthehead said:
And I too, have 2 plugs...no...you can't have one.
OK. :lol:

Hi ho hi ho...it's off to the junk yard I go.

Note: I ventured to a local junk yard (Pull-N-Pay) several months ago to seek out some small window trim cap nuts for my daily driver CVPI...anyway, the establishment arranges all the vehicles by manufacturer so all the Fords were in one area...and I didn't see one Mustang of any year. I bet these caps/plugs are found on other Fords...as well as other manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Cochese said:
I bet these caps/plugs are found on other Fords...as well as other manufacturers.
I bet you'll find out........

:shock:

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
They say "caplugs 9052" on them. Could not find 9052 on their website though.
Maybe these are like the "gray valve caps" Collin.

I always make a trip to the junkyard every now and then and collect ford miscellaneous hardware. Really not a lot of fun when it is 110 degrees out. The ladys at the check out can't really tell what is in the bucket so they charge me like $10 for everything. I have to admit I sometimes feel guilty for example when I rape the COP boots off and leave the coil part on top of the motor. BUT that goes away when I see that Ford wants over $10 PER BOOT.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Colin: Before you head out to the junkyard, check out your local Autozone....They have a assortment of plastic plugs for sale...Its on a stand that spins around....Hope this saves you a trip.....

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I rate these as as one use ie they fit them but the second you touch them
they are done and useless and need replacing with brand new or a decent alternative.
I had a pair but I had to pull all the trunk lining when I ran the wires to convert my lights.

Once off they were done and had no grip at all when I tried to reuse them.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
your ride came with one, you want two---- no longer stock--let the mods begin

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rblack4405 said:
your ride came with one, you want two--no longer stock--let the mods begin
Oh, knock it off! :lol:

Seriously though, I believe I know what happened to the missing cap/plug. Several years ago I had some minor body work (a shallow pressure dent) completed to the rear left quarter panel and I believe that to gain access to the dent from the back (Dent Wizard did the work) the trunk liner had to be removed. They probably forgot to put the cap/plug back in...or my Bullitt was missing one from the factory. I have found a few other minor items missing (when new) as well like rubber trunk lid bumpers, etc. No big deal. :)

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pronkie1 said:
Colin: Before you head out to the junkyard, check out your local Autozone....They have a assortment of plastic plugs for sale...Its on a stand that spins around....Hope this saves you a trip.....
Frank, I just checked AutoZone as well as a few other auto parts stores here in Spokane, WA. No joy. I went to a Buick dealership as well here in Spokane, WA but their parts department was closed...so I blew off going to the local Ford dealership since their parts department was probably closed as well. AutoZone had quite an assortment of plastic plugs and caps but nothing like what I'm searching for.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Cochese said:
Frank, I just checked AutoZone as well as a few other auto parts stores here in Spokane, WA. No joy. I went to a Buick dealership as well here in Spokane, WA but their parts department was closed...so I blew off going to the local Ford dealership since their parts department was probably closed as well. AutoZone had quite an assortment of plastic plugs and caps but nothing like what I'm searching for.
Spokane???????My , we get around this country.........LOL....Just go to local Ford dealer when you get home......

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
one on each side of 1986 :cool:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
You have it wrong...the stand is stationary, COLLIN spins around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Resurrecting this - my 2001 also only has one when I was replacing the taillights

a quick research shows part number is N805827-S, will be ordering a set of 4 to replace them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts