Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a car cover for the Bullitt. I am getting tired of washing it every time after it sits for a few weeks. Plus I want to keep it safe from anything happening to it :D

I think CDC use to sell one that actually had the word "BULLITT" on the front of it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any suggestions on what fellow Bullittheads are using would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Matt, is your Bullitt garaged or is it parked outdoors?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
What do you think about this one?

http://www.coverking.com/customcarcoversp.html

We are seriously thinking about getting it for 4175 since we don't have a garage and would like to keep the car in as best shape as possible! Then we could also keep it on the high and dry list. That would still qualify for the high and dry list wouldn't it?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cochese said:
Matt, is your Bullitt garaged or is it parked outdoors?
It's in the garage :wink:

For the most part I just want something for keeping the dust off of it during the week while it sits in the garage. Honestly it won't see much weather other than the sun if it has to sit out if I ever take it to an event like the Bullitt Nationals (hopefully next year)

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you put a cover on a car that isn't 100% clean, you will put minor scratches into the paint. It is far easier on the paint to use a California Duster and/or quick detailing spray and wipe the dust off a garage kept car before driving. Don't forget that if you put a car cover on even a slightly dirty car, the car cover will hold some of that dirt and damage the paint slightly the next time you put it on.

For those who don't think so, you are probably not as anal about your paint as I am. Take a close look at your paint under direct sunlight or a strong halogen light and tell me you don't have any swirls or tiny scratches.

I would never use a car cover in a garage. Car covers are great for outdoor UV protection as I consider that to be a valid trade off in exchange for putting the cover on a dirty car.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I am looking at getting a car cover for the Bullitt. I am getting tired of washing it every time after it sits for a few weeks. Plus I want to keep it safe from anything happening to it :D

I think CDC use to sell one that actually had the word "BULLITT" on the front of it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any suggestions on what fellow Bullittheads are using would be much appreciated.

http://www.global-accessories.com/products/index.phtml?prod_id=wolfcovers&cust_id=global&SYSTEM=cartlink&SESSIONID=&ACTION=

I got this one made by Wolf for #0005. It is tan colored with black lettering on the front. I think it says "Wolf Evolution". I'll try to post up a pic of my car with it on soon, though you may already have made your decision by then...It doesn't say Bullitt on it, but it is custom fit (ears for mirrors, tailored for 99-04 Mustangs w/o spoiler). It is designed for indoor use only, excellent for dust prevention. I think I got it through Summit for about $145.00

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
STG said:
If you put a cover on a car that isn't 100% clean, you will put minor scratches into the paint. It is far easier on the paint to use a California Duster and/or quick detailing spray and wipe the dust off a garage kept car before driving. Don't forget that if you put a car cover on even a slightly dirty car, the car cover will hold some of that dirt and damage the paint slightly the next time you put it on.

For those who don't think so, you are probably not as anal about your paint as I am. Take a close look at your paint under direct sunlight or a strong halogen light and tell me you don't have any swirls or tiny scratches.

I would never use a car cover in a garage. Car covers are great for outdoor UV protection as I consider that to be a valid trade off in exchange for putting the cover on a dirty car.

I agree with you about about putting a cover on a dusty or slightly dirty car. I have severe O.C. disorder issues about my car and that's the main reason I bought the cover. Every time I drive the car it gets a spray detail with Zaino Z8 upon its return to the garage, and then immediately afterwards the cover goes on. Then whenever the next time we take it out it's already perfect so all I need to do is screw the antenna back in and fly!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
STG said:

STG, you bring up a very valid and well explained point regarding not covering a garaged vehicle. I see it as a trade off between not covering...or covering in a garage. I am probably as anal about my paint as you are...but I have a very dusty garage and little ones sometimes entering the garage domain, so I choose to cover inside the garage with a Dustop (sp?). I believe that removing accumulated dust from an uncovered garaged vehicle can be as harmful as using a cover on a clean garaged vehicle. Ideally, one of those "auto bubbles" and/or some type of air/dust filtration system would be optimal in a garage.

·
Registered
75 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
I agree with you about about putting a cover on a dusty or slightly dirty car. I have severe O.C. disorder issues about my car and that's the main reason I bought the cover. Every time I drive the car it gets a spray detail with Zaino Z8 upon its return to the garage, and then immediately afterwards the cover goes on. Then whenever the next time we take it out it's already perfect so all I need to do is screw the antenna back in and fly!!!:cool:
I do what you do except for putting a cover on in the garage - and using Zaino! :lol:

My 32V Non-Zaino'd Non-Bullitt: (What Scott Hoag came up with AFTER figuring out what he did wrong on the Bullitt.):badgrin:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My 32V Non-Zaino'd Non-Bullitt: (What Scott Hoag came up with AFTER figuring out what he did wrong on the Bullitt.):badgrin:

:lol: I know as a Bullitt owner I should feel insulted, but that's just funny.......:lol:

Your car looks great BTW

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
...Then we could also keep it on the high and dry list. That would still qualify for the high and dry list wouldn't it?
IMHO, yes. :)

Jeff, I have heard of folks that reason that even if a vehicle is not covered outdoors...but not driven in the "wet", it still qualifies as H&D. Logic says that when a car is washed with water, that this is the same as if it was rained on in a stationary position...for example no water was splashed on the under carriage. So what happens if you take your vehicle through a car wash that utilizes and under carriage wash? It's MADNESS! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I wonder if STG is CodyBullitt from Cody, WY. From what (I think) I remember, CodyBullitt did get a Mach 1. I dunno. Anyway, great looking Mach 1, STG! :)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi Matt,
I have a car cover that is in new condition and I do not use it any more. It is very high quality tan heavyweight material with a flannel liner. I bought it for the Bullitt and used it one winter in the garage. It is intended for indoor use.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
An excellent car cover for a garage that is for car storage only: Two king sheets. They will not scratch any car and can be washed easily.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Hi Matt,
I have a car cover that is in new condition and I do not use it any more. It is very high quality tan heavyweight material with a flannel liner. I bought it for the Bullitt and used it one winter in the garage. It is intended for indoor use.
The tan flannel is a great cover. I have it on the B right now...with a Dustop on top of it. Pretty dorky I know but I need maximum protection. Mad Max and Hyper Hannah sometimes venture inside the garage unsupervised (my fault).

Older pic of Mad Max...I found him with his trike jammed up against the B one day. Luckily I had both covers on the B. No damage noted. :shock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
poor thing looks scared to death! :)
I doubt he was scared...he's MAD MAX WITH THE FAKE FEZ PRETENDING TO BE FROM THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE! :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts