Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt is garage kept, but I would still like to get a car cover for it. I plan on using the cover in the warmer months to protect the finish from the scratches that happen and during the winter I will store the car in the garage and not use it.

What does everyone else do about car covers and what cover should I buy and who should I purchase it from?

·
Registered
762 Posts
The latest issue of Motor trend has an article about car covers worth checking out. Other than that try "www.bigskycountry.com I think that's the web address for a company that specializes in car covers for lots and lots of models.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also keep mine in the garage and purchased a cover from my Ford dealer. I looked at others on the Internet, but wasn't sure which one to buy. I ordered the one for a new 2001 Mustang - it's custom fit for the Mustang and is lightweight. It's silver in color with a Mustang logo on the front.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have the "Tyvek Reflektra" from Coverking. (www.coverking.com) Since they don't have one for the Bullitt (I doubt anyone does) I purchased the one for a 2001 GT. There's a little bit of extra material for the wing but fits good. I needed protection from the sun as I'm in Arizona and the sun fry's anything that's plastic. I had one of the same covers for an 89 5.0 LX and it was holding up fine. So far this one has been good too. Only problem I've had was the first time I used it. They put their logo on the front with some sort of black ink and in the 116-degree heat; it came through the cover and left some gooey stuff on the hood. I lightly scratched the clear coat while taking it off :sad: . Hasn't happened since so I guess the sun cooked it dry :smile:.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-08-11 18:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KyBullitt - What does the Ford Mustang car cover cost?

·
Premium Member
8,775 Posts
I purchased a Block-it™ 300 from Big Sky Car Covers. They have such a large variety, I had difficulty determining which one to buy. In the end I chose the 300 because it offered outdoor protection. I use it exclusively in the garage, but thought I may need to use it outdoors at times. I ordered it for a non-spoiler Mustang. It has mirror pockets and fits the Mustang like a glove, including the rear. I paid $127 including a storage bag and shipping. Prior to ordering, I looked at a couple at Pep Boys & Murray's. Since these were universal covers, I didn't think that they would fit right. Overall, I'm pretty happy. It is very light weight.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I got a Noah outdoor cover for GT without wing. Fits like a glove with mirror pockets and also got security cable, lock and storage bag. Total cost was $189.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ordered a car cover from my Ford dealership. It hasn't come in yet but was considerably cheaper than ones I saw online - I think it's $109 or $119. It's for indoor or outdoor use. I want it mainly for winter storage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lou6969-

It was about $115. Again, I think it's a great cover for indoor storage (lightweight and easy to remove/put on), however I would want one that was more durable for outdoor storage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts