Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have to share this with everyone.
the local Show Me Mustang Club along with Sunset Ford and about 15 Local car suppliers/mod shops had St. Louis' 15th Annual Mustang & All Ford show this past Saturday.
i entered my DHG Bullitt in the late model - stock(no mods) category and was FLOORED by the response i got. in all, 140 Mustangs & other Fords entered the show. from 10:00 am till i left @ 4:00 pm i must have talked to 40 people who came by wanting to know all about the Bullitt. guess what?...i never got tired of talking about it.
what an absolute rush to be amongst true enthusiasts and see the excitement, delight, and respect on their faces. even the owner of Sunset Ford, sales mgr., and salesmen came by cuz they had sold a black Bullitt and still have a black Bullitt on the showroom floor but NO ONE had seen a Dark Highland Green one YET!!!!!! everyone thinks the green is beautiful. it was a bright sunny day and i spent friday night & sat. morning detailing her and she looked like a mirror. NOT 1 NEGATIVE COMMENT!!
i took 2nd place in class and loved every minute of it.
shouldn't say this but heard a little envy in some voices too!!
met the guy who bought the black one from Sunset and his # was 640( mine was #648) we found the build sheet under his bumper and now i know when my car came down the line.
( his came down the line April 17th @ 8:43 am so mine was 8 cars behind his!!)
i encourage ALL of you to go to any Ford shows or cruises you can find.....i will never forget all the positive things said to me by Mustang lovers!!!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-04 17:18 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
That's cool mystang99! Bullitoid,Lou and I are supposed to get together at a Ford show in Cincy in July. That will be cool having at least three of them there. I'm going to be over in Belleville(?) IL the weekend of July 20-21-22 for my cousins wedding and might be driving the BULLITT out there. I have to take her to the shop next week so we'll wait to see for sure. Are you close by? Even if I don't get to take mine maybe we can still get together and compare notes.
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah Cam, belleville is just across the river from st.louis. i remember when you and lou were talking about getting together. would love to hook up with you guys while you are in the area. the guy i met with #640 was a pretty good guy too! he just didn't know a lot of the Bullitt ins and outs. he now knows just how cool his car is though
feel free to use my emaill addy whenever you want. everyone here is "family" anyway!!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Thanks mystang!! I figure if I don't take mine and no one knows what I'm talking about I could have you zip by and show them what all the fuss is about!! You should try to make it over here for the show in Cincy on the 29th. You're about what...6-8 hrs away? Maybe you could get #640 to come along too!!! That would put us at 5!!
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks 1Nasty! it was a great feeling that day!
one thing i forgot to mention (but most of you already know it anyway) was how incredibly nice and friendly Mustang enthusiasts are!!!!!!

seriously Bullittheads, get on line or check out enthusiasts mags in your area and TAKE YOUR BABY TO A LOCAL CAR SHOW OR CRUISE,....you'll be amazed at people's reactions and i'll be willing to bet you'll have a great time doing it

·
Registered
959 Posts
Mystang.. that's fantastic.. congrats. I can't wait to get mine to the local club and get tired of talking about.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
193 Posts
I plan to take the ols smashermobile down to Indianapolis for a Mustang and Ford meet at the Inaianapolis Raceway. The meet is the last weekend in June (6/30 - 7/1). The kicker is, if you enter your car, they have a cruise around the racetrack on Sunday. I asked how fast we could go and was told "30 mph limit" - Oh well, just to be on the same track as the Unsers, Andrettis, etc will be pretty cool.

The CatSmasher

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
30 MPH limit? I recall taking a tour of the Indy 500 track when I was a kid. I remember them saying something about having to drive 80MPH around the turns to keep from sliding down because of the 22 degree banking. 30 MPH limit sounds more like a slow parade around the track ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts