Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had DHG#0093 at a local car show last night. I pulled in next to a '68 GT 500 (the real thing, no clone). A few guys showed up with late model GTs all decked out with the usual offenses ie; double wings, lowered, dark tint, decals, etc. They start mouthing off about how us Bullitt owners got shafted on our cars because of the lowered HP rating. I tried to tell them that there is nore to it than HP, but they didn't want to listen. Of course, they were saying this while there was a crowd of people around my Bullitt and the Shelby. I don't think anyone gave any of their GTs a second glance! There was one guy with a 2001 black GT, telling me "oh yeah, I ordered all of that Bullitt 'stuff' for the GT". He ordered the shift knob and the filler cap. I told him that hardly qualifies! These guys eventually left when no one was paying them any attention.

These are the same guys who won't even try to challenge me on the road, go figure!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Shelby guy was getting the What kind of Mustang is that? questions from a bunch of people. At least they're just mostly uneducated. He did say he's sick of hearing that his car is like the one in "Gone in 60". I did get the last laugh at the show. I planted a www.ricecop.com ticket on the windshield of a 1995 Mustang GT with a double wing spoiler, neon lights and rims about 4 inches too wide for the poor tires he had stretched out on them! Oh, and under the hood....bone, cold stock! I ticketed him for Domestic Rice as well as the above mentioned offenses.

·
Registered
351 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-28 10:21, bullitt0093 wrote:
I had DHG#0093 at a local car show last night. I pulled in next to a '68 GT 500 (the real thing, no clone). A few guys showed up with late model GTs all decked out with the usual offenses ie; double wings, lowered, dark tint, decals, etc. They start mouthing off about how us Bullitt owners got shafted on our cars because of the lowered HP rating. I tried to tell them that there is nore to it than HP, but they didn't want to listen. Of course, they were saying this while there was a crowd of people around my Bullitt and the Shelby. I don't think anyone gave any of their GTs a second glance! There was one guy with a 2001 black GT, telling me "oh yeah, I ordered all of that Bullitt 'stuff' for the GT". He ordered the shift knob and the filler cap. I told him that hardly qualifies! These guys eventually left when no one was paying them any attention.

These are the same guys who won't even try to challenge me on the road, go figure!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> Just remember, you have the real McCoy, or is that Mcqueen. Also, although the bullitt "HP" rating is not that much higher,the bullitt torque output at 2000 rpm, compared to a 2001 Gt is About 100 foot pounds higher. Next time you can tell them that, and also " Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Question, If the Bullitt was such a sham of a deal for those of us "suckered" into buying one, then why are there so many Bullitt wanna-bes out there????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts