Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it has been a while since I had to buy any car wash products I was wondering what is the cheapest and most effective wash on the market? The last product I used was Duragloss. Now it is time to buy again. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I use Griots's Garage, car wash is not an item I want to save money on. Purchase a good quality product for washing.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
My outside water is very hard !!!
It is a pain to do my cars with it because of the water spots. Any ideas?

·
Registered
930 Posts
BlackPony said:
Dry it imediately with a microfibre drying cloth (or two) then go over with a spray-detailer such as Meguiar's NXT Quick-Detail spray and a clean microfibre cloth (or two).

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Waiting for Tigerhonaker's humungous Griot's Garage post... :D

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
BB2008 said:
Waiting for Tigerhonaker's humungous Griot's Garage post... :D

I was just thinking the same thing :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by BlackPony:

we have well water that is hard also. since i did the clay bar and went zaino, i have zero problems with water spots. it's been 6 months since i last put on the zaino, and still nada. the bullitt is kept in a carport too so it gets blowing rain/dust on it. i've never seen anything like the zaino products before.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I don't have to worry about hard water. We have a car wash ban in affect and I can't wash anything.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much. Btw has anyone used the Meguiars gold car wash? It's just a matter of time before they ban us from washing our cars.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
badasbullitt said:
Thanks so much. Btw has anyone used the Meguiars gold car wash? It's just a matter of time before they ban us from washing our cars.

The Meguiars gold car wash is great stuff....thats what i use an it aint gonna cost you a arm an a leg to buy it :D

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
BlackPony said:
Go to WalMart or Target (or an RV supply place) and get a garden hose inline filter. If it's good enough to filter the water for drinking, it's good enough for your car. I've used one for several years. They run about 20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
BlackPony said:
I use the Mr. Clean wash

http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/home.do

I bought the system and tried it but don't like the applicator. I do however, buy the soap refills and use it to wash my car. It has a great chemical in it that breaks down the hard water molecules and makes water just sheet right off the car. Plus, you can buy it at WalMart.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Well here is Blindmelons advice on a great wash. Even good in a wash ban area. It takes just 2 gallons to wash your car out of a bucket. No rinse just wipe with micro fiber towel. Do in sections like top/windows, sides, hood front bumper The trunk/rear. It is super slick so no scratches using a soft lambs wool mitt. I have a black car so I know spots. I use tap water with 2 lids of cleaner. (no spots) I also mix a mixture in a spray bottle to use a between wash detailer also use under the hood for detail. My son post on about 3 detailer forums & guy's use it to wash high dollar cars in customers drive ways with it.

I us some of their other products also. For Scratches & using a electric buffer Meguires professional compounds are the best.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
BlackPony said:
I didn't realize my well water had so much calcium in it because it doesn't show up around faucets in the house. But I learned the hard way! Came home late one night last summer and the front end was full of 'midgie bugs' (type of gnat). I thought I was doing good by spraying off the front end, went to bed, and would wash the next morning. YIKES! I've never seen so many huge, unremoveable water spots! I was SICK I tell ya! :lol: Thankfully I had bought the 'paint protection' scheme and part of the 7 yr. finish guarantee is for water spotting. So I waited till the end of summer and took it to the dealer. They did an acid wash to remove the spots, reapplied the polymer and detailed the whole car N/C.

So I haven't tried any of the filters suggested but here's my 'spotless' wash routine:

1) Its a race! Against areas of the car air drying as well as the ever moving shady spots in my driveway! The hotter it is the faster the race! :lol:
2) Wash only a section at a time, and then rinse the washed area PLUS the entire car again. I do the full car rinse after each section is washed/rinsed.
3) I start drying top areas first (roof, hood, trunk lid, bumper tops & glass). As I dry each section, I make sure other areas are freshly rinsed so water doesn't sit very long. I've tried both chamois and micro fiber and don't see any difference between the two.
4) Deep shine - no spots!

I've got some of the M qwik detailer but I haven't tried it yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts