Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Shaun Hayland Carbon fiber brake duct kit this past Sunday. I also installed my Maximum Motorsports stainless front brake lines too.

I posted pictures at: http://community.webshots.com/album/17758806iYkhprCxIi

If you look carefully, you can see the stainless line going up in the picture.

Brian

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
This looks pretty cool. Questions:

* Cost? is there a website where you can buy it?

* What is the expected gain from the mod?

* Then let us know the end results as you drive it. Also, does it blow more brake dust out on the wheels.

Very cool no matter what it does. :smile:

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hey brian! thanks for sharing all the things you're doing with us!
how do you like the suspension mods you made? big difference? you happy?
i noticed you're doing this work in your garage...............ARE YOU NUTS??????
i know what the temperatures are and humidity is in Katy and Houston.......are you using a Gatorade IV??
seriously, thanks for all the time you take to post your mods!!!!
what are the benifits to the brake duct? also the stainless lines?
thanks!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Brian-

Those brake ducts look great. I'm thinking of doing this same mod. I was wondering what you used to construct the actual scoop? Did you mold them into the fog light holes? Without the round fog lights it's going to take some fabricating I guess. Nice job. I'm jealous!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I haven't replied yet.. I was away in Austin and just getting down to checking in.

The duct kits are from SHR, Shaun Hyland Racing. Kits are expensive, $385.00 but true carbon fiber so no additional unsprug weight.

I installed them so the car will be ready for road race duty later this fall. Cool brakes are happy brakes.. :smile:The hoses from the kit clear nicely and are run to our open fog light holes. They do not give you any form of brackets so I will be making some better mounts than just sticking the hoses in the holes. I'll post that when done. Drove to Austin and back and there wasn't any more brake dust then normal. I am sure there will be under racing speeds.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the additional suspension parts attached yet. Stupid aluminum rack bushings didn't fit nor the front sway bar bushings.

Stay tuned for more! Happy to pass on all the info and pics. That what this list is all about!

Brian

·
Registered
62 Posts
Brian,
Just out of curiosity, what kind of brake pads are you running? I was at Summit Point raceway about a month and a half ago and after just a couple of laps, without going too hard, I managed to trash my set of stock pads. The back pads actually caught fire. The guy behind me said that it looked like fire extinguishers shooting out of the back wheels going into turn one. When I took them out, the pads had several very deep heat cracks in them, almost to the point of coming apart. I am very active in the Porsche club and have had many track weekends with my 914 and working on other cars, and I haven’t seen pads like these yet. I have a new set of stockers on there now but think I will be changing to Hawk or Pagid pads in the near future.

-Rob

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black Sunshine... I have to pick my mom up from the airport this coming Sat evening so maybe we can have another group gathering August 4.

Brian

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob..

I have found the Porterfield R4E compound to work extremely well. I used them on my Talon's 13" brakes before I picked up the Mustang. They work great cold and seem to hold up well to abuse. They are extremely rotor friendly as well.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts