Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...kinda late this year but just been insanely busy with school. I am almost positive that I will be going up on Saturday the 6th and heading home that day also like I have done for the past 2 years. For anyone new that is interested in going I usually try to cruise up with a few other Bullitts so if you are from the area let me know and maybe we can meet up. Ezekiel and phbull, let me know if you guys are going, Steve said he will not be able to make it this year.

Here is a link to the show info, really awesome show and a great time especially if we can cruise up together.
http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
wow I didn't even realize this was so soon. I might make it down for a day but the car wont be ready :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm debating making this the inagural road trip for me and 6045. I'll probably drive out for Saturday. This'll be my first time attending the Ford Carlisle.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Albert

I am another "Albert" Bullitthead. Where are you located in Pgh? I am in Mt Washington. I am thinking of making the trip to Ford Carlisle on Saturday.

Al

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
how far is that (Carlisle) from Pittsburgh?

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
We won't be able to make it this year. We are attending the Bullitt Nationals in Indianapolis, IN. See you all next year at Carlise.

It was a tough decision because we loving going to Carlisle but we won't be able to go to the Nationals next year so we are going this year.

Post lots of pictures from Carlisle.

Terry and Brenda

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Frankenstang said:
how far is that (Carlisle) from Pittsburgh?
Not a long trip - about 189 mi and a few minutes over 3 hr drive on PA Turnpike. The tough part will be trying to keep #2833 at the speed limit. Are you making the trip from FL?

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
going to the Nats this year, but since the Nats will be in Vegas next year, too far for me so I may come to Carlisle....never been and my wife is from the Pittsburgh area (Beaver County, Economy/Freedom)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
hey guys...kinda late this year but just been insanely busy with school. I am almost positive that I will be going up on Saturday the 6th and heading home that day also like I have done for the past 2 years. For anyone new that is interested in going I usually try to cruise up with a few other Bullitts so if you are from the area let me know and maybe we can meet up. Ezekiel and phbull, let me know if you guys are going, Steve said he will not be able to make it this year.

Here is a link to the show info, really awesome show and a great time especially if we can cruise up together.
http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/
How and where do we meet? I have never been to the Ford Nationals but I remember from last year's post that all the Bullitts parked together on a hill somewhere.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There are folks coming both from the east and west, I would imagine on the turnpike. So when you get off, it puts you right on 11 into town. We should meet someplace on 11. Maybe the Sheetz?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am coming from the Philly area and the past 2 years we met at king of Prussia mall. It looks like most of people are coming from Pittsburg. If there is anyone coming from the east and would like to meet up somewhere let me know. All others, what time are you planning on getting to the show? We could meet somewhere in town or just meet inside the show. Last year they gave the bullitts an area to park so we should be able to park together if you don't get there too late. Let me know what you would like to do.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was planning on going early, I could be flexible on the time. I am in Lancaster and will either be meeting a few other SteelHorse Mustang club members at the Lancaster/Reading Tpike interchange or going up and getting on at Hburg east interchange. I think a few of the other area Bullitt members may be planning on going as well.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
I am coming from the Philly area and the past 2 years we met at king of Prussia mall. It looks like most of people are coming from Pittsburg. If there is anyone coming from the east and would like to meet up somewhere let me know. All others, what time are you planning on getting to the show? We could meet somewhere in town or just meet inside the show. Last year they gave the bullitts an area to park so we should be able to park together if you don't get there too late. Let me know what you would like to do.
That's what I was referring to - do you know the name of the area that you parked together and what time do you think would be too late? Also, would someone who will definitely be there like to provide a cell phone number?

·
Registered
934 Posts
lancorecorder said:
I was planning on going early, I could be flexible on the time. I am in Lancaster and will either be meeting a few other SteelHorse Mustang club members at the Lancaster/Reading Tpike interchange or going up and getting on at Hburg east interchange. I think a few of the other area Bullitt members may be planning on going as well.
Steve

Are you guys entering your cars or just going to hang out? I haven't checked with Ron yet, but him and I would probably be coming from the same direction. Have you touched base with him yet? I have been to Carlise once (not the Ford show) and was pretty cool.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Steve,
I have not talked to Ron, I figured he'd chime in on this by now. I was just planning on going and hangin out. It's a really big show and I don't need the pressure of competing. I guess it's cool that we all get to show our cars off as a group in an area. Good enough for me. Let's work the details out with all and hope for a sunny day.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
Damn....I would love to see your car in person, maybe next year
if all goes as planned this weekend with a few parts and such, mabye this year :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Crud. Kev I am feeling you with the being extremely busy. Just got my reminder today from a friend, so I am thinking about it at the moment. I would be doing a simple Saturday trip.

Is it still possible to register or do we have to do it there now? I think last year the sheer number of bullitts that pre-registered allowed us to get the spaces allotted to us.

I will not be meeting up at KOP though for the annual turnpike/Sonic run, I have graduated, been working, and moved down here to VA. Last year we hooked up with a few BMC members that came up from VA and MD I think. I am going to look into it later when I have more time for traveling arrangements.

If I do go, I hope you will all enjoy the sounds of my exhaust (this year I will have cats on unlike last year... being able to read my own mind is a nice pleasure), supercharger, and violently loud tie-rod ends/bushings/whatever the ef is squeaking up there. Hopefully I can pick up something to replace this... and some more goodies now that I make $$.

Kev, I think I still have your number I may give you a call later this week.

Anyone else know of any people traveling up from south of PA (such as VA/DC/MD)??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts