Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Neat vid. I must be old, I could identify most of the cars before the year and model popped up! Thanks for posting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,404 Posts
While I don't like being this old, I am glad I was 16 in 1960. The great years of automobiles is still fresh in my mind. I would not trade those years for anything.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,431 Posts
I'm not old enough (cough, cough) to have owned any of that iron. But I have older brothers that owned several of the pictured cars. And I remember the music of the times, all on AM band of the radio.

How about a 54 Merc coupe, 49 Olds 88, or a 51 Olds 88. Those sat in our driveway at the same time. And they looked wicked together! I think my favorite was the 51 Ford two door boxtop. That car could get there in a hurry. Then came a 50 Ford Convertible. It was black (they all were come to think about it, except for the 49 Ford and 51 Olds. They were dark green metallic.) white top and lots of chrome, BIG Whitewalls...nothing like that now. Well there maybe a dark green metallic car or two... :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,431 Posts
4fit? said:
Cool vid. I knew the vast majority of the rides shows, even though I'm only 30. Cool to see some 58 Chevys in there. Don't see too many of those around anymore.
As I recall the redesign of the front fenders of the 58 Chevy made them rust out faster. That, and the fins were what people are looking for from the age of fins. So in my opinion the model has two stikes against many survivors. And maybe that is as good of an explaination that I can give as to why there are so few 58 Chevys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
As I recall the redesign of the front fenders of the 58 Chevy made them rust out faster. That, and the fins were what people are looking for from the age of fins. So in my opinion the model has two stikes against many survivors. And maybe that is as good of an explaination that I can give as to why there are so few 58 Chevys.
That explanation is dead on. Plus, many people just flat out don't like the looks of the 58s. I personally like them quite a bit. I'd love to have a resto-mod Delray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
God help me, I remember it all.
I got my first driver`s license in a `57 Chevy.
I painted pin stipes and flame jobs in high school to earn money to keep up my `53 MG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,033 Posts
Doc; I remember also, first look at new 55' T-Bird and 55'Chevy. I first drove my Dads 57' Dodge D 500, first car I bought {with help} 60' Chevy 2dr. ht. 348ci.
3-2's, 4 sp. I want It back, good old days! Ron
P.S. In 62' My Dads 59' Triumph TR-3 (Still Have It}
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,431 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
As I recall the redesign of the front fenders of the 58 Chevy made them rust out faster. That, and the fins were what people are looking for from the age of fins. So in my opinion the model has two stikes against many survivors. And maybe that is as good of an explaination that I can give as to why there are so few 58 Chevys.
I forgot to mention that my brother-in-law had a 58 two door Biscayne sedan. Painted flesh and white. I thought it was very slick looking, more so than the 57 or 59 with the vertical or horizontal fins.

Doc, I was thinking of doing some pinstripes on my pickup. Care to help?:shock: :rolleyes: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
My dad used to drive a lot of miles as a salesman so he would get a new company car every two years. He had '58 and '63 Biscayne 4-door hard tops.

In '65 he saw the light and got a Custom 500, then changed jobs and hit the big time--a black vinyl topped metalic green Ford LTD! Another 4-door hardtop. I remember him complaining about all the air leaks around the windows.

If I'm not mistaken there was a shot of an MGA dash in there too...


mark
 

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
I remember my Grandpa taking us kids places in his 60' something Cadillac. It was a big, heavy car and had the fins on the taillights.

My Dad had a 63 or 64 VW Bus. He bought it bran new off the lot. It had a whopping 43 horse power! I remember as a kid going on a few trips in it and when a hill/mountain came up, my Dad would have to take a 'run for it' to get up speed to make it to the top and not lug the engine or hold back traffic while he mosied on. Once he got out of the car after driving around Glacier Nat. Park and opened the engine compartment and it was glowing red inside! Another time he got onto the freeway on-ramp and almost got all of us killed because he couldn't get up speed fast enough for the oncoming traffic! The day after that incident, he sold it and got a Ford Fairlane stationwagon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I forgot to mention that my brother-in-law had a 58 two door Biscayne sedan. Painted flesh and white. I thought it was very slick looking, more so than the 57 or 59 with the vertical or horizontal fins.

Doc, I was thinking of doing some pinstripes on my pickup. Care to help?:shock: :rolleyes: :wink:
I would be happy to but, I no longer have my brushes........or my steady hand. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,431 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
I would be happy to but, I no longer have my brushes........or my steady hand. :lol:
You no longer have a steady hand and yet your packing?:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Steady enough to put 2 rounds in center of mass and one in the head in a second and a half at 7 yards from the holster. Not steady enough to stripe a car by any means. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,101 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Steady enough to put 2 rounds in center of mass and one in the head in a second and a half at 7 yards from the holster. Not steady enough to stripe a car by any means. :lol:
Wow..aint jacking with the Doc...aka...Doc Holiday:bigguns:...No More...period!:lol:..bang...bang..you got me.... :D :D :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top