Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the sound of the factory exhausts, but mine are showing quite a bit of wear and I know that they are comparatively restrictive. What recommendations do Bullittheads have for a Cat-back system that:

1) Has a substantial gain in horsepower without sacrificing torque.
2) Doesn't make the car much louder (if at all) than the factory exhausts.
3) Doesn't cause that annoying bassy drone in the cockpit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man thats a tough one. I guess i would say Flowmaster maybe?? Whatever u do dont get SLP!!! verrrrrrrrrrry Loooooooooooud!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
+1 on no SLP! I have the bassani catted x and catback on mine and it is not obnoxiously loud at all. I am hopefully soon gonna have longtubes with an o/r dr gas x on it. That will definately make it a lot louder.

Flowmasters are always a good choice.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Actually, the stock mufflers are not very restrictive. I went from the stockers to Magnaflows and didn't pick up even 1 rwhp on the dyno. The midpipe is where the extra power is at.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting...

Seems like I just read an article about that recently that the midpipe is where real hp gains are made. That's a less expensive mod than a cat back system ... isn't it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Professor Bullitt said:
Seems like I just read an article about that recently that the midpipe is where real hp gains are made. That's a less expensive mod than a cat back system ... isn't it?

Way cheaper. you can find a used one almost anywhere. Gettin an Xpipe will open up ur car alot more! I noticed a very Nice difference when i had first put my X-pipe on. The sound was also Greaaaaaat! Go w. bassani or Dr. Gas xpipe:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts