Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have anthor question for everyone. I have a catted Bassani x-pipe. When I bought the x-pipe my car was registered in Virginia which has emission laws. I now have my car registered in Indiana which has no laws about emissions. Is there any Horsepower gains aviable by ditiching my catted x-pipe and buying a off road (Non-catted), Just kinda curious if I could squeak more poneys out of her.

Bruce

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, but you will probably only see 5-10 horse and thats with a custom tune.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You will gain more torque than you will hp.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Most people choose the off road pipe more for the sound than power. Off road pipes make for much louder exhaust. If you like the current exhaust volume, you might want to stick with what you have.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I absolutely agree with Byron. I installed the BBK o/r X pipe on my car and had to take it back off because the sound was horrible (to me). I am now contemplating welding a couple of small glass pack resonators into the o/r pipe in attempt to quiet some of the resonance. If you were closer to NC I would gladly trade mine for yours.

·
Car Whisperer
20,783 Posts
Not worth it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
TRUEBLUE3934 said:
I absolutely agree with Byron. I installed the BBK o/r X pipe on my car and had to take it back off because the sound was horrible (to me). I am now contemplating welding a couple of small glass pack resonators into the o/r pipe in attempt to quiet some of the resonance. If you were closer to NC I would gladly trade mine for yours.
stock or aftermarket catback?

Different brands of X pipes sound different as well. My moms BBK sounds like ass, and I wanted a H but my stepdad bought one without my confirmation. Still ****ed about that. My Mac sounds badass though on 1986.

As for the thread is concerned. Since it's already an aftermarket peice, I wouldn't bother with it unless you want a louder sound.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Magnaflow cat-back. I like the way it sounds now so I will probley just leave it. Just wasnt sure how much hp i was losing with the cats on. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ezekial said:
stock or aftermarket catback?

Different brands of X pipes sound different as well. My moms BBK sounds like ass, and I wanted a H but my stepdad bought one without my confirmation. Still ****ed about that. My Mac sounds badass though on 1986.

As for the thread is concerned. Since it's already an aftermarket peice, I wouldn't bother with it unless you want a louder sound.

Mine is the BBK brand and "ASS" is exactly how I have described the sound to others. It resonates terribly at around 1700rpm and the volume is MUCH louder than stock. I even changed thee stock mufflers to Flow Master 50 series to see if that would help improve the sound. It only improved it a little bit. I am desperate and debating whether to weld in a couple of small glass packs or a couple of high flow cats. I fear that the cats will take me right back to a nearly stock configuration not worthy of the investment. The glasspacks will almost certainly get the next try. Anybody else had similar troubles???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts