Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. Even though I consider myself a conservative driver, I got caught by a cop. He clocked me going 19 mph over the speed limit. All I could think of was what this was going to do to my insurance. Fortunately, the cop was a super nice guy and let me off with only a warning. I am taping my warning above my visor so every time I get into my car and have the need for speed, that will serve as a reminder. This whole experience has taken some of the fun away from driving my Bullitt. Which is just as good, since we are socked in with snow here in NC.

-Christine-

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
AHHH put it in the glove box and let her rip. or is you bullit a him. When you gonna speed always speed behind someone else atleast 1/8 mile ahead of yah and watch for break lights

·
Registered
311 Posts
Only 3 states have laws against radar detector use: NY, VA, and CT (and DC).

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a radar detector but military installations (on which I happen to live) do not allow them. So, unless I disconnect it every time I enter the gate, it's not worth it unless I'm on a long road trip.

-Christine-

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's all in a day's fun. I got a warning ticket the other night and I AM a cop.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,326 Posts
Christine, I know it is just a matter of time that I, too, receive a warning, er um ticket, as I hardly ever go the speed limit! It has been 17 years since I have gotten a speeding ticket and 9 years since a warning when I was in my 69.

Thanks, Travis, for the heads up on the watching for the brake lights up ahead!

Vicki

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've never even been pulled over and I don't exactly speed, unless it's highway, then it's just maybe 5-10 over the limit. I don't speed on side streets or through town, never. But, I asked hubby what he'd do IF someday I came home and told him I'd gotten a ticket in Bulletta. He said he'd pat me on the back and say "that's my girl!". He'd be PROUD! ha!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
HEHE :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-04 03:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
43 Posts
THE PROBLEM WITH RADAR AND LASER DETECTORS THAT IF THEY ARE INSTANT ON BY THE TIME YOUR DETECTOR GOES OFF THEY ALREADY CLOCKED YOUR SPEED AND ARE GOING TO TALK TO YOU...RICK

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Yes...instant on will get you!

What I can't figure out is when you have the
cruise control set at the speed limit and you
get pulled over for doing 20 mph over the
limit! This happened to me in my '99 Vette.
He let me off with a warning but I was
dumbfounded! There were other cars around
me, passing me too.
Maybe he zapped another car.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-04 12:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-03 20:37, Bullitt_Buyer wrote:
I have a radar detector but military installations (on which I happen to live) do not allow them. So, unless I disconnect it every time I enter the gate, it's not worth it unless I'm on a long road trip.

-Christine-
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I just unplug the cord when I get to the gate, if the SP hassles you, they are probaly getting heat from the Command section. Right now at Macdill the SP's are really cracking down on speeding, but I can't blame them as we have had a couple of close calls in the housing areas.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have found that by the time your radar detector gives you a warning, it is usually too late.
If I have to rely on a detector, then maybe I shouldn't be speeding at all.
But it is really tough to keep from speeding in a car like this. I don't need my insurance rates to skyrocket any more than they already have, so I try to keep the speed down. I try...... hell, that is all a steer can do.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Threw out my detector 8 years ago. No tickets since. I had more tickets when I had a detector.

I slow down wherever a cop COULD be. It makes for some interesting driving. I like knowing where the safe zones are so I can rip into the Bullitt without hesitation.

I've had four warnings in the last 8 years and only one in a Mustang. I'll probably get a ticket tomorrow.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2002-01-05 22:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
302 Posts
There was a thread about radar on the news group. Laser clocked a flashlight going twenty in the court room. detectors are not a license to speed but if you pay attention they can help avoid a ticket.

·
Registered
165 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-04 02:12, Dona wrote:
I've never even been pulled over and I don't exactly speed, unless it's highway, then it's just maybe 5-10 over the limit. I don't speed on side streets or through town, never. But, I asked hubby what he'd do IF someday I came home and told him I'd gotten a ticket in Bulletta. He said he'd pat me on the back and say "that's my girl!". He'd be PROUD! ha!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>Dona are you telling us you hav'nt had True Blue over 100 mph yet! Thats sad.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I couldn't imagine driving the Bullitt, or any car over 100 mph. But, I have been in the passenger seat when the driver has gone way over 100 mph. Wow! It was fun - what a rush! I think I'm just too much of a chicken to do it myself, plus I don't trust my driving abilities enough. I'm a firm believer in knowing one's limits, and sticking to them!!!!!!

-Christine-

·
Registered
165 Posts
I try to get my HOG up over 100 every time I get on the interstate, but when the bride is riding bitch I get a wack in the back of head, when I get to around 95. no love tap(no helmet)ouch!!

Black Bullitt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Damdannyboy on 2002-01-08 09:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
From the passenger seat I have been at 140 in a big block 68 Firebird. Had to go home and change after that. I drove my 68 Mustang at 125 and that was the fastest I have ever driven :wink:

Dona and Christine, GO FOR IT :wink:... Find a place that you can run on the track for 1/4 mile run where it is safe and give it a shot. You will love it!

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
311 Posts
Had mine up to 125 on the highway with 2 passengers in the car. The ride was flawless, albeit noisy. (The brakes were also great when I caught up to the car in front of me doing half my speed). Made it from O'Hare to downtown Milwaukee in 60 minutes!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts