Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new cd in and the cd player spun it up for a few seconds then displayed the message "CD Error." Now, any cd-related function I try to use (skip to next song, go to another disc, eject, etc.), it waits a few seconds then gives the "CD Error" message.
Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It's not a burned (copied) CD is it?? If it is, sometimes they will do that. Other times, the label on top can interfere, but that is rare.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
227 had that problem while it was at the dealership for the NEW Engine. They had to take it out and get it fixed ;-(

Good luck.

Bud

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
You better hope not<G>. You know what they say. When it rains, it pours.

The sad part was they put a new Engine in but the Sterio was still out for Repair. Ford sent a brand new Engine and the dealer installed it faster then the shop could fix and return the CD player ;-(.

Take care.

Bud

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get your cds back? I've got a couple of hard to find ones in there and I'm more worried about them than the stereo itself.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If my Mach460 fails, it'll be out the window and I won't look back to watch it disintegrate!

The dealer will never touch my console for a stereo job. I'll carefully install a 100% real sound system that'll at least rival the tune from the mufflers.

Ford factory stereos can't compete with aftermarket equipment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the exact same problem, they replaced the head unit and the new one did the same thing. The problem is this a new design in radios from ford and they dont have all the bugs out yet. 3rd times a charm.

BLACK #837
CUSTOM SIDE EXHAUST
BASSANI X-PIPE W/CATS
STEEDA TRI/AX

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT#837 on 2002-01-19 23:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is also retarded. Every once in a while, when I try to play a CD, it will just say "No CD" and keep trying to find them (you can hear gears moving inside). It won't fix until I cycle the ignition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH IT NOT EJECTING BUT IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THE CAR IS HOT!! SO I TOOK IT IN AND THEY CALLED OUT A MOBILE STEREO PERSON TO CHECK IT OUT AND IT WAS BROKEN, JUST AS I THOUGHT, SO IT'S 10 DAYS AND COUNTING BEFORE THEY GET IT IN. WHAT'S NEW WITH FORD!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 10:31, chud wrote:
I put a new cd in and the cd player spun it up for a few seconds then displayed the message "CD Error." Now, any cd-related function I try to use (skip to next song, go to another disc, eject, etc.), it waits a few seconds then gives the "CD Error" message.
Any ideas about this?

Thanks.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
"cd error"
Maybe its trying to tell you that the backstreet boy are out along with all other teeny boper bands.
Sorry I couldnt help my self.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Looks like I am next on the list for "CD ERROR"! Just after the bullitt meet I decided to load a CD shortly after I got a "CD ERROR" message on the display.. I tried to eject it.. no go. tried another CD.. no go..

I don't even have radio stations programed in my stereo! I only listen to CDs or the exhaust.. looks like I'm now down to just the exhaust... atleast thats my favorite :smile:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, mine did it this weekend when I was trying to eject a disc & I can see it stuck inside & the door stays open. What a PIA!

·
Registered
579 Posts
That happened to mine too ,but i took my radio out and took it apart to find the cd just got stuck. When i put it back in it was ok

·
Registered
575 Posts
What was involved in taking it apart? I stopped by a local Ford dealer & the tech said they'd have to ship it to get fixed. I'd just as soon do it myself if it's simple enough.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My Ford dealership just ordered me a replacement after they pulled mine to get the serial #. Now I'm just waiting until I get their postcard. :sad:. Well, at least my radio still works :-B.
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Mach 460 produced the "CD ERROR" message this morning for the first time. As someone mentioned above, the CD was stuck and the door was open. I could see the CD wedged inside about 1 inch from the opening. I was able to free my CD and fix the radio without damaging anything. I took a postcard, and slid it between the top of the CD and the inside of the radio. Then I pressed Eject Slot 2. The display reported that there was "No disc" in slot 2. So I pressed "Load" Slot 2. The radio then safely ejected the disk. It appears that the disc was getting caught on the top of the radio as it ejected. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks silver, now i'll add postcards to my growing list of Bullitt "special tools". We'll get the bugs worked out of these things yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts