Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cd player makes a clicking kind of sound for a like 30 sec. then stops when i tell it to do anything. anyone else have this problem and what did u do to fix it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
are you getting any error readings on the face plate? Mine did this when it had a VERY bad stuck cd. I was eventually able to push the cd back in with a small thin piece of something while telling it to load. I had to live with it for a long time, though. Almost was ready to take the whole thing apart. Eventually it worked itself to a place where I could see what needed to be done, albeit barely. If there are no CD's in it at all, then I don't know... Maybe disconnect the battery for a while and pray some magic reset happens? It could just be that it has gone bad...

Let us know what you find, our cars are starting to get to that "stuff starts breaking" age and it worries me...

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it finally fixed itself. i had that before but this time the door thing wouldnt even open even when i pushed on it. so i dont know what happened. im just glad it fixed itself. even if it didnt though im thinking about replacing the whole system with an alpine system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Common for them to stop working. I sent mine out for repair 2 years ago. Found the place on ebay. Was $115 to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts