Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CDC Chin Spoiler doesn't fit. AHA! Fixed it!

What a bummer! I waited 3 weeks to get the CDC Classic GT spoiler and now it doesn't want to fit. Its about 3/4" too short and won't hook onto the other wheel well.

The instructions are pretty simple, don't think I'm missing anything here, but does anyone know of any issues with putting these on? :confused:

I noticed that the part # on the invoice from Stage 3 is 110020 and the part is stamped 115020, a number I could not reference on either CDC's or Stage3 's websites. I think the difference might be for the textured part (like mine) vs. the ready to paint one.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Tom,
Well that plain sucks......

I looked up the instructions on line...I guess what worries me, is this part of the instructions....

7. Stretch other end of Chin Spoiler into wheel opening and secure with the factory screws.

Stretch????

How does it fit in the center, where the CDC rides up into the lip area of the lower grille opening??

Mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It centers fine, spot on. The lines match the lower fascia fine.

I tried to "stretch" it, but it wasn't going to happen.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Tom if it is anything like the 01 spoilers the idea was to line up the wheel openings and the lip in the front actually sits back about a 1/4 of an inch on the front of the car. So not flush on front lip.

Gregg

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Will that bracket you have attached go on the forward side of the inside of the wheel well insert looks like you could pick up about a half inch if it did.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the missus and I went out today to take another look at this install. We fastened the driver side first and with some cajoling, it popped right on to the other side. Why it would not fit when attached to the passenger side first is beyond me, but I am totally convinced it has everyting to do with the installer. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who posted a tip.

Glad thats done, and it looks awesome! I will post some pics later, but most of us know what one looks like. Really gives a more sinister look to the front end.

·
Registered
483 Posts
NoCal Tom said:
So the missus and I went out today to take another look at this install. We fastened the driver side first and with some cajoling, it popped right on to the other side. Why it would not fit when attached to the passenger side first is beyond me, but I am totally convinced it has everyting to do with the installer. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who posted a tip.

Glad thats done, and it looks awesome! I will post some pics later, but most of us know what one looks like. Really gives a more sinister look to the front end.
Hate to bug ya, but I'd sure like to see some pics of the CDC classic chin spoiler on your Bullitt. Pleeeeeeease!!! :smile: That particular spoiler seems to follow the oontour of the front fascia nicely. Glad you were successful with the install. Thanks.

chip

·
Registered
78 Posts
i installed the FRP version. I had to use a dremel first as i trial fit it. it was tight in the grill opening area. it took a couple trys before it fit right. them i put the tape on for good.
i have seen the other versions out there and i think there made buy one place.
How do you get the spoiler off later?

·
Registered
483 Posts
makemann said:
check out my garage. I have the CDC spoiler installed on my '09.
Thanks Max. Your car looks very, very nice. I like the CDC chin spoiler too. But I wanted to see a good front view because I'm considering painting its left and right sides HG and leaving the center flat black. Your picture helps me to visualize it a little better.

chip

·
Registered
450 Posts
chip721 said:
I'm considering painting its left and right sides HG and leaving the center flat black.

chip
Chip, what a great idea! Never thought of doing it that way. I wanted to paint the whole thing HG, but was afraid of the paint chipping at the center. If you do it, pix please.

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
483 Posts
makemann said:
I wanted to paint the whole thing HG, but was afraid of the paint chipping at the center. If you do it, pix please.

Thanks,
Max
Exactly. I expect the center to take some hits and that's acceptable. Here in Virginia we MUST display a front tag. So the install won't look as clean as yours, but will almost complete my exterior mods. Thanks again for sharing the nice pics of your Bullitt. Enjoy, be safe, and happy new year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts