Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect this will see some dings, nicks and occasional bump against a parking stoop. So I decided to leave the center unpainted.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i've never been fond of that type of spoiler-until i just saw what you did with the two-toned paint. it looks really nice! a great look you have cultivated there!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That lack of paint makes it look more agressive for sure. Nevermind the nicks and bumps that are not going to be apparent.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That looks really good and I have been thinking long and hard about getting one of those myself. I really like how you left the center unpainted..makes it lookreally good. If you don't mind, could you post up where you bought it from?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Wow! This is making me rethink needing the GT/CS front bumper!

Nice Work!

More Pictures Please!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Chip, that looks outstanding! Let me know how the paint holds up. I'll may look into painting my CDC if it holds up over time. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
betoesca said:
Looks good. I also like the grills that you have. Where did you get those?
Sent you a PM. I got them from a vendor that I don't endorse because of their poor customer service. So I wouldn't recommend them to anyone on this forum. One of the things I really liked about the Bullitt is the fog delete grill. But I saw a High Flow 9-Bar billet on a Stage 3 Mustang BlackJack and it just looks sinister! The 9-bar is probably a little easier to clean. But I've still got my OEM Bullitt grill too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chemicalman said:
That looks really good and I have been thinking long and hard about getting one of those myself. I really like how you left the center unpainted..makes it lookreally good. If you don't mind, could you post up where you bought it from?
Thanks. Got mine on sale at Brenspeed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jymontoya said:
Wow! This is making me rethink needing the GT/CS front bumper!

Nice Work!

More Pictures Please!
Thanks. I really like our Bullitt and try not to go over board with the changes. But I do have my eye on one of those Boy Racer 10 inch high wings that sits on the trunk:shock: . Just kidding. I simply like personalizing my car. So I touched the grill, lens, and chin. I may lose the 8Bullit vanity tags next. I liked it at first, but now it seems a little redundant. Then I'll simply have a green Mustang, with a little attitude. But can't fool you Bullitt Heads. You can spot DHG a country mile:wink: .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Chip-- That front end looks mean. I'm really dig'in it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
x2

The only thing I'm missing on it is the aluminum colored edge around the grill.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ring it in

originally posted by jymontoya:

The only thing I'm missing on it is the aluminum colored edge around the grill.
i agree with you 100%. i have the same grille and i miss my trim ring. it seems like the trim ring belongs there. rcsignals gave me a suggestion that i will be looking into that may come close to the look of the factory trim ring. the catch is that this type of "floating grille" presents a difficulty of installation that is absent in our factory grille. shucks!

·
Registered
450 Posts
chip721 said:
Thanks. I really like our Bullitt and try not to go over board with the changes. But I do have my eye on one of those Boy Racer 10 inch high wings that sits on the trunk:shock: . Just kidding. I simply like personalizing my car. So I touched the grill, lens, and chin. I may lose the 8Bullit vanity tags next. I liked it at first, but now it seems a little redundant. Then I'll simply have a green Mustang, with a little attitude. But can't fool you Bullitt Heads. You can spot DHG a country mile:wink: .

Chip are those integrated turn signals in your mirrors??? If so, where'd you get them?

Thanks!
Max

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
jtmontoya

The Shelby billet grill you are referring to is available in either the billet aluminum color (as shown) or the black color. If you want the black, you have to specify black as the black one has a separate part number for the grill (FD-GRILL-112-03) and the housing (8S3Z-8200-H). If you want the black, you will also have to wait for 3 weeks as Shelby is currently out of the black grill.

I have also been thinking of going with the Shelby grill to get rid of the honeycomb look - but Shelby has no lower grill to match.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I gotcha. Thanks!

The wait time sucks, but sometimes, it pays to be patient. I've got plenty of projects going on right now anyway... too many really!

I was also concerned about the lack of lower grill, but as I said before, I'm thinking of doing the whole GT/CS front which I'm not sure of having the black lower billet grille either. Ahh, the joys of customizing.... :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
makemann said:
Chip are those integrated turn signals in your mirrors??? If so, where'd you get them?

Thanks!
Max
Man, nothing gets past you guys:tongue: . Not so favorable experience with the vendor. But I'll shoot you a PM and post up pics in another thread.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts