Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2% HP increase,or roughly 5-7 HP according to their chassis dyno tests. They used a large fan to simulate airflow over the hood. A Bullitt version may be ready in 3 months.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe they have a website,but their Shaker scoop,is an EXACT copy of the one used on the 1969-1970 Mach 1 CJ Mustangs,a really good piece. However,for myself,I prefer the Bullitt scoop.BUT,I am looking at using some of their parts,to possibly make the Bullitt scoop functional for intake air induction.Sorry I don't have any pics.....Still learning this computer stuff! Classic Design Concepts,is the company.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-07 19:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
How about having their shaker UNDERNEATH our scoop? Then just open the front of our scoops. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?!?!
Here's the pic...

Black#5578
Tri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MAC 2cat"H"&FlowPath muffs,FR 3.73&Alum.Drvshft,30mm H&R spacers,AutoLogic chip,MGW & Haney alum,FR500 wheel,SCHROTH red Harnesses

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2002-01-07 20:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2002-01-08 12:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Install the shaker assembly without the scoop and open up our hood scoops. Just waiting for them to release the product. Possibly use some kind of rubber to seal the hood opening to the bottom half of the shaker. Having a hood scoop that has no purpose is like having a bookshelf wing and stickers on your car. Scoop looks too cool to get rid of so personally I have to make it have some purpose, even though its kind of pointless. Hope they actually release the product. Its going to cost us about 4-6 hundred bucks just for 2% gain, not to mention the mod to the hood. Just gotta have a scoop that works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RDRunner on 2002-01-07 23:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
5-7 hp for that kinda money! What a waste. I still say this type of "Ram Air" is useless because the air path gets diverted so many times. I think the real test would be on a 1/4 mile, not a dyno.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I agree with RDRunner. It's not about performance gains, it's about having a functional hood scoop. I don't know if CDC is going to be the way to go but I'm starting to consider different alternatives.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would love to make my hood functional, but not at the cost of replacing the scoop. I like the looks of the one on their now, hopefully CDC will take the unique looks of the Bullitt into consideration.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 14:33, kfengler wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 14:26, Bullitmon wrote:
I would love to make my hood functional, but not at the cost of replacing the scoop. I like the looks of the one on their now, hopefully CDC will take the unique looks of the Bullitt into consideration.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Go here.

http://karkraft.com/99_00_parts.htm

Scroll down the page a bit...

Use your hood, your scoop, make it functional. I'm sure it's almost the same under the hood, as far as how the air gets to the intake.

You can't order the CDC hood yet!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a note at the bottom of the ad for the system that says this will not fit Cobra or Bullitt. Most likely problems fitting over the intake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2002-01-08 14:40 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The clearence problem affects the passenger side only,due to the throttle body location and some other parts that stick up. I agree with RDRunner,I will check into using the CDC base plate to seal to the bottom of the hood. As far as HP gains,well the original shaker,and other scoops that sat low,back in the 60's weren't that effective either,but image was everything,if you were around then. Since most of these Ram-Air options came with a stronger cam,better intake and all. I will have both working.....thru the scoop and from the inner fender. Thanks for the picture work Dennis!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-08 16:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
173 Posts
I e-mailed the Karkraft people about them making a adjustment for the Bullitt, they said that it was a consideration of theirs, but was dropped later on. I can also vouch that the BULLITT ONLY note just appeared a while ago.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't believe it....Here is the same company that was able to squeeze that HUGE Boss 429 mill into the front of the 1969 Mustang,and they give up on a few little clearence problems with an air duct!! The smart guys must have retired a while back!

·
Registered
173 Posts
It really upset me too. I e-mailed them three times, until they stopped responding to my bugging. Oh well, guess we will see what CDC has to offer.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Even though they have the same name, KarKraft, it is not the same company. They sold or were bought by another group.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts