Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Christmas last year I got a centerforce df clutch. bought the ford throwout bearing and pilot bearing new. the clutch was new too and the guy my dad bought it from said it was new. when i got it i opened it up to look at it and then put it back in the box. this past monday gearheads opened the box up and put the clutch in. they pushed in the clutch and it went to the floor so they figured it was good to go. they bolted the tranny back in and did the long tubes and the rest of the exhaust. yesterday when i went to get the car they said that when they went for the test drive they pushed the clutch in and put the car in gear but with the clutch pressed to the floor the back wheels were turning. the guys at the shop said that out of 1000 clutch jobs this has happened a handful of times. the guys said that it is either the pressure plate or the seal is broken that surrounds the cog. Has this happened to anyone else? Also one of the guys said that normally when you buy a new clutch the clutch is bolted to the box or something like that. the bolts are also in a sealed bag that comes from the company. my clutch when i opened the box last december, the bolts were in a zip lock bag and the clutch was not bolted to the box. the guys at the shop think that if the clutch was not bolted down it could have been damaged in the shipping to the house. the damaged part was probably the pressure plate. Has this happened to yall before or have you heard of this before.

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
I sent e-mails to centerforce tech support but haven't heard anything back yet....
this is not good......

JASON , i e-mailed you the tech support phone number as well , maybe you can call the guys and gearhead and have them call / check with centerforce directly...

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
seems the problem was the centerforce disc, apprantly the wrong disc was sent 10 spline vs 18 spline? ...... nice huh..... oh well , gearheads put the right disc in ( a dual friction / non centerforce disc ) but never got a call from the tech people ....so they ''improvised''

·
Registered
61 Posts
texasbullitt said:
seems the problem was the centerforce disc, apprantly the wrong disc was sent 10 spline vs 18 spline? ...... nice huh..... oh well , gearheads put the right disc in ( a dual friction / non centerforce disc ) but never got a call from the tech people ....so they ''improvised''

ummm, I dont sea how thats possible as the splines on the clutch disc have to match/mate-up wth the input shaft, which is 10 splines....

now if I had to take a guess at whats wrong, it sounds tome like they installed the clutch disc in backwards and there making excuses and blaming c/f....

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
Randy Stinchcomb said:
ummm, I dont sea how thats possible as the splines on the clutch disc have to match/mate-up wth the input shaft, which is 10 splines....

now if I had to take a guess at whats wrong, it sounds tome like they installed the clutch disc in backwards and there making excuses and blaming c/f....

thats what i thought at first but the shop has the centforce disc we bought new for the bullitt , the centerforce pressureplate was correct but maybe the disc was mis-boxed?
when we pick the car up we will get the centerforce disc back...still new and that should tell the tale I suppose

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If the seal is broken around the cog were the input shaft goes it would not work clutch disc would spin the input shaft wouldnt move. I never got a clutch bolted down in the box. Clutch disc not releasing? How did they get it in gear? TB could be wrong to short or thin. Clutch cable? Sorry to hear this but like randy said the splines have to match up to fit on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.