Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by my dealer that I would receive from Ford a Certificate of Authenticity for the Bullitt. Is this true? Has anybody received one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. This p*sses me off big time. Why in the heck say this when it isn't true? They couldn't have been lying right (sarcastic)? Heck, won't be the first time!!!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Dan,

We discussed this in length, even as the first Bullitts were being built and several members fired off letters to Ford and Team Mustang asking this very question.

Bottom line is no!

A few also asked about how we'd be able toprove the Bullitt is actually a true Bullitt and not a clone, due to the numbers on the stickers rubbing off.

They still said nothing was planned to issue anything for documentation, however if proof was really ever needed, they could look the car up by VIN for documentation.

I'd say, confront your dealer and ask him WHO told him there would be a Certificate of Authenticity issued.

It certainly wasn't Team Mustang or Ford Motor Company! :evil:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I heard the same thing about a certificate. But it was from Ford back in May. Supposedly it was to be issued after the final Bullitt production numbers were verified, just like they do every year with the Cobra's.

It would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath. :-B

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dan, one thing I found out about the Bullitt is that we know more about them than the sales people. The ones I spoke to know more about them after I explained it. I hope you are right about the certificate, but don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I called Ford marketing and asked if there was anything planned for the Bullitts COA. I can't state the gentlemans name, the posting will be deleted, but he said that they are looking into this. This was to happen after the final Bullitt is built.

If it happens it happens. If not, oh well. I did'nt buy it for a COA. I bought it to drive and admire. Just my $0.02 worth.

BTW, I got this guys name right here from a fellow Bullitthead.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree, a COA would be nice but not essential. I know our car is a Bullitt and we bought it for our enjoyment. So if someone questions me about it in the years to come if we decide to sell it, then I will just show them the build sheet, the window sticker and the original bill of sale..... and if they still don't believe me, then there are lots of other willing purchasers out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts