Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get a certificate of orgin from their dealer..........it looks like a title from Ford to the dealer. How does the certificate of orgin date match the build date...........any experts out there?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Certificate.........

Just to repeat...........has anyone seen this document? The orginal owner of my car got a copy from the Ford Dealer in Maryland.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I haven't heard of a certificate of origin. You might want to PM Mr.T with the question and he may be able to shed some light on it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
ARMY TC said:
Did anyone get a certificate of orgin from their dealer..........it looks like a title from Ford to the dealer. How does the certificate of orgin date match the build date...........any experts out there?
Do you mean the build sheet? If so, it was taped to the rear bumper assembly. It has the build date, option codes, etc....

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
In my state it is needed to get a title when selling a new car

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Back in my Cobra kit car building days, I used to get an MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) from the kit manufacturer. This was needed to get a title. I assumed that it was only required of small manufacturers and not a big company like Ford, GM, etc. I learn something new everyday.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Certificate of Origin

The document is an official document that says Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle with the Ford "Blue Oval" insignia at the top.
It has the following lines:
Date, Invoice Number, VIN, Year, Make, Body Type, Shipping Weight, H.P. S.A.E., GVRW, NO. Cyl. , Series or Model
In the center of the document:
I, the undersigned authorized representative of the company, firm or corporation named below, hereby certify that the new vehicle as described above is the property of the said company, firm or corporation and is transferred on the above date and under the Invoice Number indicated to the following distributor or dealer.

In my case:
Hagerstown Ford
1714 Massey Blvd
Hagerstown MD 21740
27D463

It is further certified that this was the first transfer of such new motor vehicle inordinary trade and commerce.

Ford Motor Credit Co.
P.O.Box 1732
Dearborn, MI 48121

Followed by an official signature.

I could not find my build sheet, but this certificate dates my DHG #159 as April 05, 2001

Thought you all would like this info...........maybe your Ford dealer has a copy of yours on file??????

ARMY TC

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I don't know that the build date has anything to do with the CO date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts