Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the newest issue of Mustang Monthly and on the cover is Chad's new 68 Bullitt. It was built with a Dynacorn body, FR Boss 347, RRS suspension and loads more of new parts. The car will also be featured on an episode of Rides on TLC.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,285 Posts
pics?

hoosierblackbullitt said:
I bought the newest issue of Mustang Monthly and on the cover is Chad's new 68 Bullitt. It was built with a Dynacorn body, FR Boss 347, RRS suspension and loads more of new parts. The car will also be featured on an episode of Rides on TLC.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Stoooopidist thing in the MM article - Chad says "It drives like a new car." Well DUH - it IS a NEW car. There is nothing 40 years old or even real '68 Mustang about it.

J.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Epperstang said:
Stoooopidist thing in the MM article - Chad says "It drives like a new car." Well DUH - it IS a NEW car. There is nothing 40 years old or even real '68 Mustang about it.

J.

VERY TRUE....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hot Rod TV is showing four episodes on the construction of the Chad McQueen Bullitt. It was built by Gateway Classic Mustangs in St. Louis, MO.

The body is from Dynacorn's Classic Bodies which gave them a brand new '68 chassis and body with no rust issues. From there they stayed true to the '68 fastback in terms of exterior and interior looks. They used a Ford crate engine, not a 396, but one that was a lot lighter and had over 400 hp. They brought the suspension up to more modern standards so that Chad ended up with a '68 Bullitt Mustang that handled like his father Steve would have liked it to handle.

·
39,285 Posts

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
sweet and proof if you have the cash , any and everything is possible.
somehow I bet steve would have preferred the original ,I am going to have to man-handle you mustang

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I saw and heard that car in person at the 45th Anniversary celebration in Birmingham last year. The guys said it would cost about 130K to build one. It had a real lopey cam sound.

·
39,285 Posts
You know what, I scrolled down that page until my fingers were sore and I NEVER SAW Chad's new Bullitt anywhere! Am I losing it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
You know what, I scrolled down that page until my fingers were sore and I NEVER SAW Chad's new Bullitt anywhere! Am I losing it? :confused:

I finally found the clip again- this was taken at the 45th celebration at Barber last year.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
BB2008 said:
I finally found the clip again- this was taken at the 45th celebration at Barber last year.
The video gives you a glimpse of the car :neutral: But for the most part, the video SUCKS!:mad:

Warning to Everyone: Stop the video at the 2:24 mark. Nothing else to see after that!

But thanks for posting the video Ken! :wink:

·
39,285 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid, Ken.

·
39,285 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Tha_PiG said:
The video gives you a glimpse of the car :neutral: But for the most part, the video SUCKS!:mad:

Warning to Everyone: Stop the video at the 2:24 mark. Nothing else to see after that!

But thanks for posting the video Ken! :wink:

Kinda of like the movie Bullitt- the 9 minute chase scene is the best part of the 2 hour movie. :D

·
39,285 Posts
BB2008 said:
Kinda of like the movie Bullitt- the 9 minute chase scene is the best part of the 2 hour movie. :D
Great analogy, Ken! :lol:

·
Registered
200 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Yep, finding old news ( 2008 ) on my site can be a bit painful:)
http://www.ponysite.de/bullittnews-2.htm

Saw the car myself in Alabama and here is a direct link to some more pics. http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt_replica_US_chad.htm Kevin Marti (or his mate) did that Youtube video and Kevin has it on his site www.martiauto.com.

There are rumours around that the car is meanwhile as of 2010 in a limited serial production from GCM on its way to the market. You'll certainly hear about it soon.
Wolfgang

1 - 20 of 20 Posts