Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have learned more from this forum than I have by reading Mustangworld, Stangnet, and The corral combined. I have a 2001 GT automatic and it suffers from the now famous "Cold Tick" I picked the car up January 12th....about 20 degrees and no ticking all winter. Once it began to become cooler, the ticking started. I use Castrol Syntec 10w-30 and I am switching to Amsoil 5w-20 this weekend and see if this offers a remedy. It's doubtful, but at this point, who knows what will and will not work. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you along for the ride.
I was [this] close to getting a Premium GT and ended up in a Bullitt - hence my tag.

It's wierd, but somehow I seem to have noticed mine ticking after my first oil change. I have the dealer receipt to verify that I bought their Ford 5W20 and filter.

I'm thinking of trying the Amsoil 5w20 next.

Here's hoping for a real fix......

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine was also ticking really bad, then went to 93 octane for a couple of tanks, ticking stopped. Went back to standard octane and the ticking started back up. Back to 93 octane and it stopped again. Hope this will solve your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts