Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yep I did thanks!

BTW:
you may want to remove your name and address from the cover...

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black GT500 said:
Yep I did thanks!

BTW:
you may want to remove your name and address from the cover...
Hi Keith,

I did consider the "Removal" but then I thought,

What the heck, I have not received any

Hate Mail lately, Sooooooooooooo

Terry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Terry,
Thanks for posting. :)
I enjoyed reading it.
Lee

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the post, I'll have to pick up a copy.

So they score this as 213 to 200 huh? Well, I count it even closer than that. So what the hell is this "Got To Have It" category? One would think that the "Fun To Drive" category would suffice or be the largest sub component of "Got To Have It" . So the car with the higher "Fun To Drive" number get walloped in the "Got To Have It" category?:confused: I guess that say it all for me, the "Bullitt" is a driver car!!!! We can go driving, while the Challenger guys can primp their hair and play with their Slap Sticks!!! :smile:

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Challenger does not have a limited slip differential along with its slushbox. It's got a bigger trunk and scored higher, well it's a bigger car, duh.

The author has no clue what Bullitt is about and makes no mention of the lack of badges or other Bullitt features. Of course to top it off, the Bullitt will more favorably compare with the regular V8 Challenger. The SRT8 competes with the GT500.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Thanks for sharing that, looked for it on news stands yesterday but it's not out here yet.

THen again, glad I didn't buy it, while the article was interesting and I did enjoy reading it, once it came to the comparisons and the results the usual C&D biases came out.

I've always wondered where they come up with their numbers as they seldom make sense to me; 4 out of 5 on trunk space? come on, if I use my wife's malibu trunk as a 5, I'd have to give my Bullit a 3, at best. And what 'Features' does the Challenger have that the Bullitt is lacking? I'm certainly not left wanting any features and cannot think of any that are missing...

ahh well, I guess not everyone can truly appreciate what a special car this is. :)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
If you want trunk space you'll buy a minivan or a SUV... Duh!

Once again these beanie brains at C & D prove what they are about, foriegn cars and anything that isn't Ford.

All praise to anything European!

NOT!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks Terry!The challenger is more suited at a GT500 comparison obviously.I say if anyone gets one show up at my house and I'll show you how clean I keep my rear bumper as many times as you can afford my gas for!:badgrin: Bullitt wins on overall value for sure.Oh well,We know the truth.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
08 Shifter said:
Thanks Terry!The challenger is more suited at a GT500 comparison obviously.I say if anyone gets one show up at my house and I'll show you how clean I keep my rear bumper as many times as you can afford my gas for!:badgrin: Bullitt wins on overall value for sure.Oh well,We know the truth.
Exactly! I mean "back in the day" were they comparing a big block hemi to a 289?

I don't remember that because of them being in two different classes.

Why is it popping up so much now?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the post, looks cool in all the photos.

I agree, would they have compared a hemi to a 390 back in the day.

Maybe they can do it now because today it's only "kinda a hemi" which is the quote from a Chrysler engine engineer back when they first introduced it.

Frank

·
Registered
803 Posts
I bought this issue today and read it... disappointed, but I think to anyone that is knowledgeable about cars it says how close the bullitt comes to the SRT8 for... that's right... $9,000 less! I also picked up the motortrend with the SRT8 vs the GT 500 (new issue). They didn't like the GT 500 as much as the challenger b/c of the live axle and "whiny" supercharger. OMG. Are they serious? They vote for the new car b/c it is new. It's bias really. The interior and everything is borrowed over from the charger and 300... what's so great about it! And the gas mileage is horrendous.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
wally05 said:
I bought this issue today and read it... disappointed, but I think to anyone that is knowledgeable about cars it says how close the bullitt comes to the SRT8 for... that's right... $9,000 less! I also picked up the motortrend with the SRT8 vs the GT 500 (new issue). They didn't like the GT 500 as much as the challenger b/c of the live axle and "whiny" supercharger. OMG. Are they serious? They vote for the new car b/c it is new. It's bias really. The interior and everything is borrowed over from the charger and 300... what's so great about it! And the gas mileage is horrendous.
That last part is the real killer. Gas mileage isn't why a person buys a performance car, but of all the performance cars available and everything else about a performance car being equal. I don't think that someone will deliberately buy one that gets the worst fuel mileage...:shock: :rolleyes:

Well, they might if they have to carry two makeup cases in the trunk instead of one...:lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
That last part is the real killer. Gas mileage isn't why a person buys a performance car, but of all the performance cars available and everything else about a performance car being equal. I don't think that someone will deliberately buy one that gets the worst fuel mileage...:shock: :rolleyes:
I've been asked a few times what I get for mileage.

My response is this: "no idea."

Their response is: "don't you care?"

My response: "If I cared I would have bought a Prius!"

Darcy

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
darcyb62 said:
I've been asked a few times what I get for mileage.

My response is this: "no idea."

Their response is: "don't you care?"

My response: "If I cared I would have bought a Prius!"

Darcy
Darcy,

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Terry

·
Registered
144 Posts
From Road & Track "The Bullitt gets a unique exhaust system with a connector between the sides and tuned outlets at the tail, upsized half an inch from the Mustang GT's to 3.5 inches."

"connector between the sides" jeeez... does this writer know anything about cars? It appears that all of these writers are scrambling to create some sort of muscle car competition between the BIG THREE, however I don't believe there truly is one... at least for the Average Joe. The Bullitt, Shelby GT 500, Challenger SRT8, are all limited production "special" performance cars, and they all cater to different segments of the performance market with certain similarities. Lets face it, when it was a Quarter Mile War, there were specific cars built from the factory with that goal in mind, as with the Trans Am Wars... those days are long gone. In the end they comparing Green Apples (Bullitts) to Oranges (Challenger SRT8 )!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.