Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Challenger vs Bullitt, lots of new things posted here, LOOK, 7/15

Well, I came across this article today, a bit dated and probably already posted by someone, but I am beginning to see the new Challenger on the road, I think anyway. I saw one with big black Hemi and Super Bee stenciled in black paint, near the rear tail lights on the sides and one with no Hemi painted logo at all. I saw them both in Georgia last week on a trip from Orlando to Savannah in the town of Pooler, GA. of all places.

I also see there are quite a few on EBAY Motors, some already bid up over sticker price, but that could be the dealer's brother in law jacking up the price, maybe not though. I think they are making 6600 of them. Anyway this article link made me smile a bit, as I think it will for most Bullitt owners. I think it drives home that we have a great car for the money and more.:clap2:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2008/04/2008-challenger-vs-2008-bullitt-mustang-who-wins.html

I do strongly agree with the agility mentioned, and am really amazed at how tight the Bullitt feels on the road and around corners with the ability to down-shift in stride, it is what a Muscle Car should be. Sometimes I miss the auto in traffic, but the characteristics of the car would be something quite different with an automatic. I would love to have a Challenger too, so since I can't, I am fine with my Bullitt.

Hello all, this thread has taken some pretty nice turns with good information, so I just thought i should add the comment that there is more here than the Headline suggests. The best to you all "Terry of Orlando", Dawn went missing?:arrow: :rotfl:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Terry said:
Well, I came across this article today, a bit dated and probably already posted by someone, but I am beginning to see the new Challenger on the road, I think anyway. I saw one with big black Hemi and Super Bee stenciled in black paint, near the rear tail lights on the sides and one with no Hemi painted logo at all. I saw them both in Georgia last week on a trip from Orlando to Savannah in the town of Pooler, GA. of all places.

I also see there are quite a few on EBAY Motors, some already bid up over sticker price, but that could be the dealer's brother in law jacking up the price, maybe not though. I think they are making 6600 of them. Anyway this article link made me smile a bit, as I think it will for most Bullitt owners. I think it drives home that we have a great car for the money and more.:clap2:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2008/04/2008-challenger-vs-2008-bullitt-mustang-who-wins.html

I do strongly agree with the agility mentioned, and am really amazed at how tight the Bullitt feels on the road and around corners with the ability to down-shift in stride, it is what a Muscle Car should be. Sometimes I miss the auto in traffic, but the characteristics of the car would be something quite different with an automatic. I would love to have a Challenger too, so since I can't, I am fine with my Bullitt.
Hi Terry,

Check this Thread out:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158634

Terry

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tigerhonaker said:
You mean like this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL,

Terry
Sort of like that, mine was a 67 SS396, high rise aluminum manifold, 4:11 rear end and Black interior, black paint and a black vinyl roof. Yours looked great, I am really a red car lover, but I have to say, at the risk of hurting your feelings, that mine looked hotter, now I cannot say that it was, but I dream of my old Chevelle often, and if I remember correctly you sold yours too, so it does not matter. I saw a red 67 go off for 57k on Mecum recently and it brought tears to my eyes, a hardtop. I wonder should I have dug deeper and gone for a car like that? But then I remember tuning it every 3 months, I don't have the energy anymore to tell the truth. I am a sucker for the 67's, what can I say? terry2

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Terry said:
Sort of like that, mine was a 67 SS396, high rise aluminum manifold, 4:11 rear end and Black interior, black paint and a black vinyl roof. Yours looked great, I am really a red car lover, but I have to say, at the risk of hurting your feelings, that mine looked hotter, now I cannot say that it was, but I dream of my old Chevelle often, and if I remember correctly you sold yours too, so it does not matter. I saw a red 67 go off for 57k on Mecum recently and it brought tears to my eyes, a hardtop. I wonder should I have dug deeper and gone for a car like that? But then I remember tuning it every 3 months, I don't have the energy anymore to tell the truth. I am a sucker for the 67's, what can I say? terry2

Terry,

Your PM Box is FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, here is the Answer to your PM to Me.

Don't forget to (EMPTY) some or ALL those OLD PMs !!!!!!!!

Terry,

The nice thing is when you use the Remote and Hit the (Lock-Button) "Twice" you will here the HORN-BEEP. It is ALL Automatic then.

Nothing for the Owner to do but go on His/Her way at that Point.

Glad the Info. was Helpful in the Post on the Anti-Theft System.

Thanks, for the Personal Compliments :smile: :smile: :smile:

Terry
Yes, the 1970 SS Chevelle has long been gone. It had a New Crate 454 LS7, 460 HP Engine and a B&M Transmission.
It was a Fast-Cool Looking ride.
Man that was now over 20-Yrs. ago. I'm getting OLD :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You should have your own Publication, i am a printer!

tigerhonaker said:
Terry,

Your PM Box is FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, here is the Answer to your PM to Me.

Don't forget to (EMPTY) some or ALL those OLD PMs !!!!!!!!

Terry,

The nice thing is when you use the Remote and Hit the (Lock-Button) "Twice" you will here the HORN-BEEP. It is ALL Automatic then.

Nothing for the Owner to do but go on His/Her way at that Point.

Glad the Info. was Helpful in the Post on the Anti-Theft System.

Thanks, for the Personal Compliments :smile: :smile: :smile:

Terry
Yes, the 1970 SS Chevelle has long been gone. It had a New Crate 454 LS7, 460 HP Engine and a B&M Transmission.
It was a Fast-Cool Looking ride.
Man that was now over 20-Yrs. ago. I'm getting OLD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Terry you are the man, I mean what I said, you should publish a monthly 4 page newsletter, you are full of knowledge not commonly seen, I know everyone would agree with me! We are all lucky to have you, I know I appreciate so many things you have done to help me that it is hard to put to words. I think $12 per year, sort of like the Kiplinger Washington newsletter, but you can call it "The Tiger on Stangs" , you can cross all the lines, what a guy you are, thanks again Terry, from Terry#2 Orlando

PS: Thanks for your service to our country in Viet Nam, I was about to be drafted in the spring of 1973,(graduating from college and ready to become a teacher)/ in my early life, but we went all volunteer right at the point I was to go. I had a # 21 on the Lottery list and I was set to go. I did not want to go, I am not ashamed to say, but I was ready all the same. You are 6 years my senior so it was different in '73. I was young and self centered then, I have changed.

I have such respect for all our soldiers, and I know I would have been safe with you! We Americans forget all too often why we can even own a Bullitt of all things, guys like you made it possible to sustain our way of life, I hope we can, as a people understand just how heavy the sacrifices were that were made by men like you, BLESS YOU! Sorry if I am too mushy, I am a Pisces, so that must be it. And to all our service men I feel very indebted, Afgan, Iraq, and everywhere throughout the world!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Terry said:
Terry you are the man, I mean what I said, you should publish a monthly 4 page newsletter, you are full of knowledge not commonly seen, I know everyone would agree with me! We are all lucky to have you, I know I appreciate so many things you have done to help me that it is hard to put to words. I think $12 per year, sort of like the Kiplinger Washington newsletter, but you can call it "The Tiger on Stangs" , you can cross all the lines, what a guy you are, thanks again Terry, from Terry#2 Orlando

PS: Thanks for your service to our country in Viet Nam, I was about to be drafted in the spring of 1973,(graduating from college and ready to become a teacher)/ in my early life, but we went all volunteer right at the point I was to go. I had a # 21 on the Lottery list and I was set to go. I did not want to go, I am not ashamed to say, but I was ready all the same. You are 6 years my senior so it was different in '73. I was young and self centered then, I have changed.

I have such respect for all our soldiers, and I know I would have been safe with you! We Americans forget all too often why we can even own a Bullitt of all things, guys like you made it possible to sustain our way of life, I hope we can, as a people understand just how heavy the sacrifices were that were made by men like you, BLESS YOU! Sorry if I am too mushy, I am a Pisces, so that must be it. And to all our service men I feel very indebted, Afgan, Iraq, and everywhere throughout the world!
I cannot tell you how many times I have had many of your thoughts. I graduated '74 and only went through one round of the lottery before President Nixon ended the Viet Nam War and brought everybody home. Think my # was in the high 4's. And I too am glad I did not go and not ashamed to admit it. However, for those that went (esp. the number I have met and gotten to know pretty well), they have my utmost respect.

THANK YOU! :exclaim:

Crazy times then and now! As the world gets more complex and for our own domestic safety/interests, I appreciate & respect them all the more now, incl all who chose to serve (esp conscripted) throughout the history of the USA. And especially now!!

Thank you for serving! :exclaim:

The middle 70's was a no mans land in a way (except the music!) because we missed the hippy era, the Viet Nam era, lived thru the aftermath of those, and next the Arab oil embargo era which launched us into the Carter/Iran era, runaway inflation and then runaway interest rates, etc. Geez... what's next? Angel flights, solar/mechanical bulls, Vega's vs Pinto's? :question:

NOOOOOO! I lived thru it waaannccce.......

NOT AGAIN!!! :exclaim:

Help Mr. Wizard! Help! Help! Mr. Wizard!

:arrow:​
:neutral:​

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Your Welcome Terry....................

Terry said:

Terry,

There is one thing I have come to understand and Appreciate.

When we get OLDER most of us then Realize we do not have to Worry or be as Concerned about showing and Voicing OUR True Feelings.

Most of the time we are NOT called Sissy's :lol: as we have in many cases been there, done most of all of everything and can Voice Our Knowledge to others.

I can discuss Cars because I have personally Owned/Driven more of them that just about any Normal Working Man or Woman in my Life so Far. I'm talking Very-Very Big Numbers. And a Real Mix of them.

I (Personally-Appreciate) your Compliments as well as the (Others) here on IMBOC that have sent me PMs saying Similar things.

None of YOU IMBOC Members are taken for Granted from Me I can Assure ALL of You that.

If I know the answer or can find it out, I can tell you I will Post it for any of YOU here on IMBOC.

Speaking of being OLDER & Voicing ones FEELINGS here is MINE on something I read NOT-LONG-AGO:

I read in SHOUTBOX not long ago that (Mike B-Man) made the comment I am thinking about selling. He was getting tired of the "SOAPBOX-ARGUING-FIGHTING" that has for some reason gotten really BAD here on IMBOC RECENTLY !!!!!!

I hope Many-Many-Many Members here see this POST and REMEMBER it and take it to Heart.

Mike, did not set this Site up for Members to be at Each Others Throats I can Assure (Everyone) of that.

So, if the Majority of Members here Love this Site as I do and some of the other members here I have come to know I Highly Suggest this:

THINK, before YOU POST !!!!!!!

Terry

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
IMBOC

Thanks, I agree.........this is the best site in the world. The people here show more respect for each other than any other site I visit.
Keep up the good work!
Argue about Chevy's and Fords.
ARMY TC

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Terry,

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]

Terry
AMEN

And thank you Terry the Tiger for the guidenance and Thank you (and all who served in the armed services) for your service to the country.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I must say I am wth you all! A great place to talk to people with common interests, and I often get off topic in some of my posts, but I always am hoping for good discussions among friends I have never met and probably never will, but I look at you all as friends, and friends are nice to have. Let's keep it going, and positve. i think emails are often misinterpreted by people, I think often people fail to express themselves the way they would like to be perceived, but it is missed and usually completely unintended, so we need to have some tollerance in considerstion of the fact that without face to face conversation, without our body language there to assist our points, well it just gets mixed up and grows like a bad weed, I love it all and hope people can understand we all have a big commonality, the love of our cars.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We sound very similar

cdynaco said:
I cannot tell you how many times I have had many of your thoughts. I graduated '74 and only went through one round of the lottery before President Nixon ended the Viet Nam War and brought everybody home. Think my # was in the high 4's. And I too am glad I did not go and not ashamed to admit it. However, for those that went (esp. the number I have met and gotten to know pretty well), they have my utmost respect.

THANK YOU! :exclaim:

Crazy times then and now! As the world gets more complex and for our own domestic safety/interests, I appreciate & respect them all the more now, incl all who chose to serve (esp conscripted) throughout the history of the USA. And especially now!!

Thank you for serving! :exclaim:

The middle 70's was a no mans land in a way (except the music!) because we missed the hippy era, the Viet Nam era, lived thru the aftermath of those, and next the Arab oil embargo era which launched us into the Carter/Iran era, runaway inflation and then runaway interest rates, etc. Geez... what's next? Angel flights, solar/mechanical bulls, Vega's vs Pinto's? :question:

NOOOOOO! I lived thru it waaannccce.......

NOT AGAIN!!! :exclaim:

Help Mr. Wizard! Help! Help! Mr. Wizard!

:arrow:​
:neutral:​
Words from my own heart, take care, Terry/Orlando,

PS: I am just missing "Dawn" Let's tie a Yellow ribbon round the old oak tree when all our men that served and died for us were there for the good end, not a just get out of the war mentality. My boys are at the age they could well be there now and I know how much families have given of themselves, asking for nothing in return but our respect.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Just got back from my dodge dealer. They've got an SRT8 sitting on the showroom floor.
BEAUTIFUL! is the word I would use. The car looks awesome- really retro looking.
Yes it's big, but I don't think it's as big looking as many folks think.
Already there is a mod kit available that will push this car to over 600hp.

I read on another mustang forum of someone trying to race their modded GT against and SRT8- they got smoked! He said the SRT8 blew right by him.
Dark days ahead my friends. Don't embarrass yourselves and try to race one of these.
And when the 09's appear things will only be worse. They have 6 speeds and rear gears of 3.73 and 3.92 (depending on tire size).

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Terry said:
Well I must say I am wth you all! A great place to talk to people with common interests, and I often get off topic in some of my posts, but I always am hoping for good discussions among friends I have never met and probably never will, but I look at you all as friends, and friends are nice to have. Let's keep it going, and positve. i think emails are often misinterpreted by people, I think often people fail to express themselves the way they would like to be perceived, but it is missed and usually completely unintended, so we need to have some tollerance in considerstion of the fact that without face to face conversation, without our body language there to assist our points, well it just gets mixed up and grows like a bad weed, I love it all and hope people can understand we all have a big commonality, the love of our cars.

Well said Terry.....an the other Terry(like in Tiger)....i couldnt agree with you more.

I also know that this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread but just the same these things needed to be said!

Now back to the thread....in my opinion the Bullitt(yours or mine) would not stand a chance against the Challenger......just too much hp to overcome.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,839 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Terry,

There is one thing I have come to understand and Appreciate.

When we get OLDER most of us then Realize we do not have to Worry or be as Concerned about showing and Voicing OUR True Feelings.

Most of the time we are NOT called Sissy's :lol: as we have in many cases been there, done most of all of everything and can Voice Our Knowledge to others.

I can discuss Cars because I have personally Owned/Driven more of them that just about any Normal Working Man or Woman in my Life so Far. I'm talking Very-Very Big Numbers. And a Real Mix of them.

I (Personally-Appreciate) your Compliments as well as the (Others) here on IMBOC that have sent me PMs saying Similar things.

None of YOU IMBOC Members are taken for Granted from Me I can Assure ALL of You that.

If I know the answer or can find it out, I can tell you I will Post it for any of YOU here on IMBOC.

Speaking of being OLDER & Voicing ones FEELINGS here is MINE on something I read NOT-LONG-AGO:

I read in SHOUTBOX not long ago that (Mike B-Man) made the comment I am thinking about selling. He was getting tired of the "SOAPBOX-ARGUING-FIGHTING" that has for some reason gotten really BAD here on IMBOC RECENTLY !!!!!!

I hope Many-Many-Many Members here see this POST and REMEMBER it and take it to Heart.

Mike, did not set this Site up for Members to be at Each Others Throats I can Assure (Everyone) of that.

So, if the Majority of Members here Love this Site as I do and some of the other members here I have come to know I Highly Suggest this:

Terry
AMEN! AND GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.