Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to replace the stock shifter in my Bullitt on Monday with a Steeda Tri-Ax and figured I just might change the fluid while I'm at it. I know on the T-45 a lot of people recommend the GM Syncromesh (GM part #12345349). Does that also apply to the 3650?

If I go with Mobil 1 or Redline instead, which weight and/or part number should I use? How many quarts does the 3650 hold?

Finally, what is the easiest method of draining the old fluid from the 3650, I haven't been under my car yet to check it out. Your opinions and experience are appreciated.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 3650 has synthetic fluid in it already. They put synthetics in both the tranny and the differential. So unless you are determined to change the fluid, it's not really necessary. Just make sure when you pull the stock shifter, stick a rag in the hole when you clean the old gasket material off. It is probably silicone anyway.:smile:

P.S. Looking in the owner's guide, it says the tranny uses Mobil 1 synthetic and the differential uses Motorcraft SAE 75W-140. As for the weight of the Mobil 1, not sure.:???:
Bullitt #5338 - No mods necessary at this time!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2001-10-27 13:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used Amsoil Standard Synthetic ATF. Takes exactly 4 quarts. There is a plug on the bottom of the tranny. The fill plug is on the passenger side of the tranny. You will need to buy a pump from Pep Boys that screws on to the quart bottle for about $6 bucks. The Amsoil quart bottles have gallon size openings. I found many shavings in the bottom of my drain pan and an aluminum tint to the fluid that came out. I do have the 1 - 2 shift problem and my dealer has the parts on order to fix it.

John

·
Registered
959 Posts
I would recommend Redline MTL or a combo of MTL and MT 90 50/50 mix if you are going to be racing.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts