Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been under my car to do an oil change and have cleaned the undercarriage. Although I have not specifically looked, are there zerk fittings for lubrication? I bought a Haynes Auto Repair Manual for 2000 Mustangs (I know ours is 2001 but they are not out yet) and they do not mention a peep about chassis lubrication. I admit this is the first vehicle I have decided to do my own maintainance on but I'm not mechanically challenged, however I might be a bit nieve about late model cars. I own a 1999 4Runner and I know it has a bunch of lube points. So my question(s) are:

1) Does this chassis require lubrication or is everything sealed?

2) If so, does anyone have a list of zerk fitting locations.

3) Is there any source on the web that can be referenced.

·
Registered
959 Posts
There are no fittings or lubrication requirements for the suspension on the Mustang. A shot of silicone spray on the bushings, rack boots and ball joint boots will help preserve them a little but there is really nothing to do.

Brian

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I sort of figured that but I wanted to be sure before I wasted my money on a grease gun. I would have wanted to do a chassis lube on every oil change if it was required. I guess I'll just keep the things moist with silicone.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts