Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I emailed and had Chuck at CHE Performance add the competition style torque limiter links by themselves on their website. I will be using these with Boss302 trans-scoop that's currently on the car. You all know what these do so I don't need to explain. I suggest getting these regardless of what kind of driving you are doing, drag, road race, or just spirited driving. These comp links will increase bit of NVH. If you are worried about NVH, They do have a poly link kit as well.

Comp links only: V8 Engine Torque Limiters Part # CHE11D and CHE11E for 2005-2014 Mustang

Torque limiter kit with K-brace: V8 K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters Part # CHE7L for 2005-2014 Mustang

Fun times :)

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have one. i just haven't installed it yet.
from what i have read about them. if using in a drag car where you launch at high RPM with sticky tires. i have read about cracks forming in your trans where the limiter rods bolt to.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably. That sounds about right. If you drag race, you start breaking stuff no matter what and should be using motorplate instead at that level. I rarely launch this car. I am gonna give it a go with this part and report back. Should arrive this week.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Any improvement on the 2-3 shift?
and who makes that Lca brace your rocking?
i have the steeda and also left the factory on on.
looks likes these links go in the factory lca brace holes?
what is that tranny brace? A driveshaft loop?
you have a lot of cool stuff going on in that pic!😁

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly, I can't really feel the difference. It's a bit smoother going into gears and clutch pedal got a little stiffer. I don't usually power shift and didn't have any issues. The car in the pic has CHE torque limiter kit and BMR driveshaft loop.

I personally use comp version of torque limiter links only along with Boss 302 trans scoop. I will take some photos on Monday and post it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the photos. Been a busy week. Went canyon carving on Sunday and noticed some positive difference. Less shifter wobble.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update. Just replaced the transmission mount and it made going into gears even easier. Surprisingly, the older one didn’t look bad at all but the rubber bushing itself was softer. (See pic). I don’t know if Ford made an update to this part but I recommend it if yours is older or high mile unit like mine.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts