Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 1633 needs some new back tires. the sumitomos are getting a little worn. tire rack has some BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDs for $262.00 a piece. Well money is pretty short and hard to come by right now. anyone know where i can get these tires for cheaper than 262 a piece.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check tires.com. They have decent prices and free shipping.

I've used them to get my tires the past couple years and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I can usually get a better deal by going to a Discount Tire and asking them to give me a better deal than somewhere else. You might try that.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i may have to go with the Sumos again since they are only 99 a piece. oh well if i do then i do and ill save for a better pair for later.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My guess is NO, The whole saler we get our tires from for work gave me the same price. I have yet to find anyone cheaper.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Try the Bridgestone Potenza RE-1 R1. They are fantastic handling tires designed for extreme summer use,not great rain tires,and be much quieter for road noise than the BFG.

·
Registered
231 Posts
pnut said:
I can usually get a better deal by going to a Discount Tire and asking them to give me a better deal than somewhere else. You might try that.
+1, Ive also done that and saved sum money on my 315 nitto drags

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey you could also check out some tire places for some "take offs" I found my BFG G-Force KDWS with under a thousand miles on them and in perfect condition for $50 a piece. And they are ~$150 tires. You never know, you could get lucky like I did. Ask Discount Tire, Good Year... were ever. The odds are pretty good that you'll find some tires that are basically new.

·
Registered
656 Posts
As others have said for street the Tire Rack or Discount Tire. For the track then Tire Rack has been the best for me.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, ill probobly just buy another set of sumos since they are 99 a piece and buy some better tires later. and i dont think ill be able to find some take-offs of 315s, im already the only BULLITT in st.cloud and i havnt seen anyone with dd bullitt wheels either.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I bought 4 Hanook HTR II tires from discounttiredirect.com with free shipping and paid $90.00 a tire for 255/45/17's.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What model Sumitomo's did you have? I just got a set of HTR-Z for 140.00 ea. mounted, balanced and getting rid of old tires.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I found a good price for Toyo Proxes T1-R on www.tiredeals4less.com. I haven't made the purchase yet, so I can't vouch for the vendor.

296-35-18 = $187.96
265-35-18 = $164.14
Full set of 4 tires = $704.20

Shipping to my zip code was around $50. I priced this same set last year, and thae total was close to $1,000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts