Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to rotate my tires for the first time last week, but no lug-nut key could be found.
The dealer is ordering me a replacement after finding the appropriate master key.
I believe that the locking lug-nuts were placed at the factory and not at the dealer. Does anybody have regular lug nuts?
Thank heaven I was in my driveway and not 500 miles away with a flat. I would have been royally screwed.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I found mine in the trunk where the spare is. (I'm sure you looked there, but thought I would mention it just in case).

BTW, I was in Alexandria Thanksgiving week. The company I work for is going to remodel the Target store there. Any chance you work in construction? We will be looking for local subcontractors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found mine in the console sompatment still in the original plastic bag.

Although my son's 2000 GT Mustang also, as you, was missing the locking lug nut key and had to get one from the dealer at no cost, of course.

Tom Glowka
Bullitt #663

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: glowka98 on 2001-12-03 18:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Guess I'm lucky, my Salesman handed it to me with EXPLICIT instuctions not to loose it. When I got home I immediately ordered a spare lug and key from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
my dealer handed it to me... put it in the glove box... when i rotated my tires at the dealer i forgot to tell him, but they found it anyways...

·
Registered
835 Posts
My salesman handed me the platic bag with the advice not to lose it, also. It's still in the bag in the center console compartment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was in the console, but it didn't fit when I tried it. According to the service drive manager at Charlie Thomas Ford, the make-ready people install the locking lugs at the dealer.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Salesman handed me mine when I was ready to drive away in the car;-)... That remings me, I am way past due on the tire rotation though.

Bud

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
My key was in a heavy weight plastic pouch
in the center console. Good thing because
my locking nuts were about ready to fall off.

Hey Spleenstomper, what kind of wax do you
use on that John Deere?

Hey Kfengler, is there a spare key somewhere
in the car?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-04 11:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRS, I'm a physician at the hospital 1 block away from Target.
Collin, I use Maguire's premium. Same as the Bullitt.
I looked everywhere in the car, but no luck. My dealer called me today and has a replacement for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank you for this topic. Sure enough I was not given the key. I assumed it would be with the lug wrench. I checked, but no key.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I work at a Ford/SVT dealership and have personally sold two new Mustangs that 1) didn't come with the lug key, and 2) came with the wrong one. Luckily, my Mustang came with the correct one.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The lug keys for both 169 and 1053 were in the center console.

BTW, when I removed my H&Rs from 169 at the junkyard today, her wheel locks mysteriously ended up in my toolbox. :grin:

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just got 4more lug nuts and eliminated the locks. My car doesn't sit out at night and not a daily driver so I'm not worried about them being stolen. They are a pain when you change wheels as much as I do.

Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys...Check this out. One of my locking lug nuts fell off about 2 weeks after I bought my Bullitt. Went back to dealership and of course gave them my .02 worth. They insisted someone was trying to steal my rims. Frickin thing fell off when I was driving to work as a guy driving next to me yelled "you are losing a lug nut"...sure as hell I pulled over and it was gone. Bottom line is I had to purchase 4 new locking lugs along with the new key. Cost= $45 I wanted to take it out of the dealer prep guy's ass but just sucked it up and moved out smartly. Centroplex Ford, TX has good sales but horrible service. Sorry for the novel LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts