Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9/27/01

Bought a Bullitt two months ago and have had a problem with a chemical smell that burns my throat and eyes. Thought it was coming form the material in the trunk but removed it and am still having a problem. Ford dealer steam cleaned the carpets and cleaned the dash and seats but am still having a problem. Anyone had a similar problem maybe caused by carpet or glue and if so... got an answer before I have to sell this thing?

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I didn't have the carpet problem,
but I did have a very acrid burning smell. Lasted a while. Turned out to be pieces of the wire run tape in the engine bay that fell off the wire runs and onto my exhaust manifold. I had little pieces of broken tape everywhere under the hood from the dealer installed chzy alarm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
I found small pieces of electrical tape loosely wrapped around bundles of wires in several places. Didn't appear to be anything that was meant to be there permanently. Maybe meant to be a temporary means of holding together wiring harnesses to aid in installation? They came off with a quick pull, so I assumed they were meant to be temporary. Nothing was near the exhaust manifold though.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top