Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. Lets try to put a little something together. We've got a few places here on the south side to meet up and I don't think anyone is opposed to driving North a bit.
Lets set this up guys!!
So here we go.
Saturday.. August 4th. This coming Saturday. Early Afternoon. Location unknown so we're looking for suggestions. So come on down you Chi-Town Bullitt freaks!! Sound off and lets get together!

·
Registered
252 Posts
This sounds GREAT....only one problem. I work on the weekends and I wouldn't be able to make it there until about 6:30 pm. Maybe a little later in the evening? Worse comes to worse I can find a way around this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm there, if of course I'm not boating that day:) I'd drive a little bit no problem. I'm out in the western burbs. Where and when?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Later in the evening it is. See.. we're flexible. Now all we need is a solid meeting place. Lok-N-Lod and I have met at Miami Subs just over the border in Indiana but that may be quite a haul for you in the Western Burbs. Where abouts are you located? Lombard? I'm not too terribly familiar with the scene out there but if you know of any other cruise spots, meeting places drop the suggestion. Lets compile a list and nail down a definite "Where" by Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well see now.. we're looking for ideas on a place.. We've about got the time nailed down. 6:30/7:00pm. Miami Subs in Indiana (just over the border on 45th and Indianapolis Blvd) is Ideal for Lok and Myself since we live fairly close to the area. Miami Subs also has a "Cruise Nite" every friday and saturday where everyone shows up with thier cars, mostly old rods, and they hang out there until about 10 or so.
If no one minds we can definitely set it up for there but I'm also looking for ideas from you other Chicago area Bullittheads of other possible cruise areas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a cruise night in Downers Grove on Saturday, I don't know where exactly though. Wednesday nights in Elmhurst I'm pretty sure, Friday nights in Carol Stream at a place called Augastino's. Those are the only places I know of. Saturday in Downers Grove would be the only option I know of, but again-I'm not positive where it's at, etc.
Is there anything close to Naperville Green Pony?
There's always Rt. 66 Dragstrip in Joliet. I don't know if they're having a test-n-tune though?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hadn't even thought about the Dragstrip. That's a good idea if no one minds the drive.
I'll have to give tme a call and see what's going on for Saturday nite.
As for the North side cruise spots. I can barely get to Lombard on my own (Anything north of 159th and I'm in foreign territory) But I can find anyplace with an address. (Gotta love the GPS and Laptop combo).

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rt 66 may be a tough one this Saturday. According to their website it's "Dodge/Mopar vs. The World & ET Bracket Series". May be a little rough to get some track time there.
If you're interested they do have Tuesday test-n-tune nights for a future meeting.
Their site is HERE

·
Registered
252 Posts
Makes no difference to me where we meet. I work in Cicero/Stickney and if it is somewhere in the burbs I won't have too much trouble getting there. I have one small request though. Blakwing, in another forum you listed Metallica "Breadfan" as one of the songs constantly in the Mach 460. Could you perhaps burn a cd with the song or save the MP3 and bring it to me. Hell, it would take me forever to download on dial up but I would happily accept the MP3 attachment. Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a problem. Anything else you'd like on that? I've got Cable and DSL and a whole lot of time as well as a personal collection of about 7 gig of songs. Gimme a theme/group you'd like to stick to and I'll throw it together for you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just stick with power Metallica. Preferably the obscure out of the box set or off of garage days. I got my garage days cd stolen in college...oops. I don't really like much of the new Metallica. Thanx again Blakwing

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lok N LOD so u work in Stickney huh? I live in Stickney!! Just come up with a place and I'll Be there! Would kinda like to meet halfway though but if not possible then wherever is fine with me !
Thanx Havgun! #1676

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well I'm not sure if you would say Stickney or Cicero. I work between Hawthorne Race Course and Sportsmans Park and they both have Cicero addresses but it's so close the line blurs. Stop in one weekend. Right now I am working at Hawthorne on Saturday and Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok.. So what's up there? Any cruise spots on Saturday? You guys would know that area a lot better than I would.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Don't look at me.....I said I work there. All I really know is how to get to work, Gibson's, and Tuscany's. Other than that I don't do much driving around Chicago. So I am open to suggestions from the burb folks. Anywhere is fine with me!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys-
I'll be back in the burbs tonight. I'll do some calling around then to see if there is a local cruise anywhere for Saturday night. How about meeting at a Hooter's or something, south burbs have one? Just an idea, that seems to be pretty popular with the mustang guys in Texas-Mustangs and beautiful women...ahh, the good life.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If nowhere else can be found it sounds like a plan to me. Now.. Which hooters.. See this ie the rub of it all. There's one in Orland park on 45 right before the malls. and up North there's one in Lombard off of Butterfield and Highland right by I-88. We've got a couple days yet.
So Who all is coming.. Maybe this will help with the Decision?

·
Registered
121 Posts
#2066 checking in... I live between Chicago and Milwaukee, but every 4 weeks or so I visit family who live within 2 miles of Hwy 30 and Hwy 41 in Indiana. I once lived in Chicago Heights and worked all over NW Indiana, so I know the area well. I know exactly where Miami Subs is... someday I'll meet you all there. Unfortunately, not for your Aug 4 meeting though.

See you around!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Look forward to you makin it Trooper!! There is also a Hooters on Torrence Ave in Lansing and one out here by me on US 30 right off of I 65. Just to add a couple more to the list.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts