Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this squeaking/chirping noise coming from somewhere on my 'Stang but I have no idea where. I tried the bolts that hold the metal piece on the back seat, I checked and lubed the eyelets where the parking brake cables run through, I lubed every possible part of the suspension, sway bars, end-links etc, and the bastard is still chirping. It will chirp when cruising on the highway. I can hear it when next to a guardrail. Does it over small bumps as well as large ones. I need help in eliminating this noise. BTW, Bullitt shock/spring package is on the way, well see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have that incessant chirping as well. Annoys the heck outta me, I hear it best when I'm cruisin beside a guardrail, cement wall, or even the curb sometimes...anything that deflects the sound back. I think it's coming from my rear drivers side. Anybody got any solutions??

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've got that chirp, too! It seems like it's coming from the tires or something.

Every time I pull away tach'd up at around 4000 RPM it does it! What gives?

Haha, sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Push your clutch in next time you hear it. If it goes away, then it is the throwout bearing. Common problem with the high quality Ford TO bearing that they use........they will change it under warranty. One tip: If you do NOT have a mod friendly dealership, then you better remove the aftermarket shifter if you have one

gary

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Thanks 01GT! I'll try that next time I hear that bird under the car. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
T/O Bearing is probably not it. That chirp you hear is somewhere in the suspension. When I installed the Bullitt Springs/Shocks/Struts I used silicon spray on the spring isolators that the springs sit on. No more chirping. Before I put the kit in I sprayed everything with silicon spray. Didn't help. So either it is the spring isolators or a shock that makes the noise..... at least this is my theory.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you push in the clutch and the noise goes away, this is input shaft bearing noise typically. A bad TO brg will MAKE noise when clutch pedal pushed in.

Don

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ! I'm installing the Bullitt shock/spring package this weekend and I'm glad to hear it got rid of that damn chirping. I lubed everything too, but to no avail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts