Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will not be going to this event. Mainly because I am on call to depart for work at a moment's notice and cannot leave the area.
But this really put the nail in the coffin for me. Just the way I am.........

Everyone that does go, be careful and keep your eyes open!

This is taken from texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_Forum and was posted by a Concealed Handgun License Holder who lives in Bossier City, Louisiana:

"Been a while since I posted here. A few updates on Louisiana.

Louisiana now has (finally) reciprocity with Arkansas. Most people in Northern Louisiana have been opting for FL CHL permits as opposed to Louisiana resident permits because the LA permit wasn't recognized by our northern neighbor.

Restaurant carry is still an issue. An old law still on the books, RS 14:95.5 , essentially bans concealed carry in any establishment that serves alcohol for on-premise consumption, even if that isn't their primary business.

The Boardwalk in Bossier City continues to be CHL-unfriendly. Their posted "Code of Conduct" prohibits anyone but an ON-DUTY LEO from carrying a handgun, openly or concealed, and SPECIFICALLY excludes holders of concealed carry permits. Most Bossier cops I know refuse to patronize the Boardwalk when off-duty. If you're visiting Bossier City, please don't patronize any business in the Boardwalk with the exception of Bass Pro, which sits off to the side away from the main Boardwalk complex and is CHL-friendly.

Gubernatorial elections are just around the corner. Rumor has it, and some Louisiana CHL instructors are telling their students, that the leading contender, Bobby Jindal, has a problem with Louisiana residents carrying on out-of-state permits, and if elected intends to push for legislation that would only permit Louisiana residents to carry in Louisiana on a Louisiana-issued CHL. Reciprocity would remain for non-LA residents.

This is little more than a "keep the money at home" measure. Louisiana also charges a $50 license fee surcharge for any applicant that hasn't been a resident for at least 15 years.

13 more months and I'm out of this God-forsaken state, and getting back to Texas where I belong!"

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Thanks for posting this information on here. I couldn't agree more that there is more to worry about than who carries a permt from where to where.

I also received something from TSRA regarding CHL permit holders at the world fair in Dallas but I can't seem to find it right now. IF I find it I'm going to post it on here. Real interesting.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can give you the short story on the Texas State Fair.

The day before it was set to open, the PO's that were set for security details were informed that no CHL'ers would be allowed in and would be asked to leave at the gate. This was a Management Decision of the promoters.

After a heck of a lot of emails/phone calls informing them that they were in violation of State Law (Fair Grounds is a City Owned Property), they backed down and changed their minds.

It is actually easier to get in there now than ever before as you no longer have to wait for a supervisor and you are just waved thru when you show your CHL at the entrances.

The Cotton Bowl and a couple of other places (can't remember which) are still off limits to CHL'ers due to other existing laws.

But, who in their right mind would go down there and put their life at risk for an over priced corny dog?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I can give you the short story on the Texas State Fair.

The day before it was set to open, the PO's that were set for security details were informed that no CHL'ers would be allowed in and would be asked to leave at the gate. This was a Management Decision of the promoters.

After a heck of a lot of emails/phone calls informing them that they were in violation of State Law (Fair Grounds is a City Owned Property), they backed down and changed their minds.

It is actually easier to get in there now than ever before as you no longer have to wait for a supervisor and you are just waved thru when you show your CHL at the entrances.

The Cotton Bowl and a couple of other places (can't remember which) are still off limits to CHL'ers due to other existing laws.

But, who in their right mind would go down there and put their life at risk for an over priced corny dog?
Just think about that for a moment.:neutral:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Don't know what you are reffering to there Alan. Been to the State Fair numerous times no problems. But like anywhere else you need to be aware of your surroundings. The state fair is a great time. Just don't go on Tx/OU or the other bowl game weekend.

When we lived in Dallas we also went to the ballet and several musicals at the Music Hall.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I totally agree with the CHL's. It's your right and you should not be embarassed by having to ask for a supervisor or made to wait. Also was making it very obvious that you were carrying which I think would be an additional danger for the person with the CHL. Like one guy said, I they had been allowed to carry in the Luby's it would have turned out quite differently.

Just wondering if there had been any incidents this year to cause you to not care to go.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No incidents that I am aware of other than the usual where cars parked outside of the Fair Grounds are broken into and or damaged.

You've only realized one factor of this and you are correct. Many other factors abound and one is that those of us that even get a hint of someone restricting our already restricted 2nd Amendment rights get no money or support from us.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Even though I don't own a weapon currently I still support and uphold the rights of any citizen to own and carry weapons legally. You are correct it isn't the best area after dark. That's why we always went to the fair during the day!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I thought this was about the Canadian Hockey League. Show's my gun mentality, huh? :lol: Although I support anybody's right to bear arms legally, it's just a shame we have to.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

This is why we are blessed to have the NRA and the Texas State Rifle Association covering our backs and protecting us from paranoid tyrants. GOD BLESS TEXAS ~ !!!

It's nice to know that CHL holders aren't regarded as being prone to becoming terrorists. A lot of them probaly won't be wearing the weapons anyway.

ABSOLUTELY OVERPRICED ... (LMAO) :~))
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm glad Yall are informing us on Dallas and things like the State Fair. My wife has family in Dallas and the last time we were there (about a year ago) I remember passing by the State Fair and thought "that may be nice to go see sometime". I would've never suspected there were so many issues there.

We will probably be going back soon and I'll keep all this in mind. If there are any other "notorious areas" there I would appreciate Yall telling me all about it.

Thanks Again ~ !!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I'm glad Yall are informing us on Dallas and things like the State Fair. My wife has family in Dallas and the last time we were there (about a year ago) I remember passing by the State Fair and thought "that may be nice to go see sometime". I would've never suspected there were so many issues there.

We will probably be going back soon and I'll keep all this in mind. If there are any other "notorious areas" there I would appreciate Yall telling me all about it.

Thanks Again ~ !!!
And by the way ... I don't know if Yall have been watching the local news here in Houston but if Yall decide to do any meets anywhere in Houston any time soon Yall may want to avoid the north side (FM 1960 / I-45 area) for a while.

Harris County is doing a crackdown out there (jackin' everybody up) due to the drive-by(s) the last couple of months and "dangerous street racing" ... (???)

Just thought I'd pass that on to all the Houston area BULLITTHEADS. :~))

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info on Houston......

Harris County (A.K.A. Rosenthal's World) is another place that I avoid like the plague!
He makes up too many of his own rules/laws to suit me and I hope that people realize this in the next election!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
YEP ... the great American power of the vote ... Best thing we have to stop the mavericks in their tacks. My new voter registration just came in the mail Friday. I make sure I am always registered to vote.

When it comes to voting I follow real close with the notifications I receive from the NRA and the TSRA regarding who's in office, who's running, and what those 2 organizations rank them as.

The bottom line is ... If those 2 organizations don't give you an A+ ranking then you aint gettin' my vote !!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Texas Kit Cars ???

I'd sure appreciate it if some of you folks in and around the Dallas area can tell me anything about the Lone Star Classics kit car compay up there. Have any of Yall ever been to their facility? Seen their products? Built their cars?

I've considered doing a Cobra for a while and saw one of thiers here in Houston years ago but I have never heard much about them.

A co-worker once upon a time was thinking about doing their 53 Vette replica but he couldn't find much info. from other builders about them. It was going to be his first kit car and he was apprehensive. He pointed out that if you contacted the buyers/builders the company referred you to the answers they would give you stood to be rehearsed and biased.

Just wondering if Yall could share some information ([email protected])

THANKS !!! :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
So no carry on the Boardwalk at the Car Show? :mad: That is a definite downside to having the car show there. I guess we'll know for next time and NOT do it there.

Alan, do you know if that is an enforceable law or simply them trying to enforce a non-existent law (like the ghostbuster signs here)?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts