Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
We have always had natural. Also up until this year we have always went out and cut one down. The place we have been going to for the last 14 or so years was closed this year;-(... We went to Home Depot and got a nice tree, but it's just not the same;-)...

Take care and Happy Hoildays.

Bud

·
Registered
208 Posts
We have a real live tree this year but in the past 7 to 10 years or more we were using an fake tree and sense this well be the last year that my oldest son well be living at home with us so we wanted it to be a Special Christmas so we went out and got a real one.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Always had NAtural, but this year have a fake one that was shiped over, cant really ask for a real one in the sand. But always loved natural

·
Registered
46 Posts
Switched to a artificial tree when the real ones branches wouldn't support the weight of all the hallmark ornaments. Last real tree really trashed my carpet when the needles started falling off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have always had real ones. But this year we're trying an artificial one. We'll see how it works out.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Up here, Trees are plentiful. Have one growing in the back yard! We always have real ones...only $15.00 CDN (around 9 USD) for a good tree. Plus, it's a great family trip, they give us a hacksaw and the whole family goes out and picks a tree. Down in southern cali where I go to school, I heard real trees can go over $60.00 US!! :eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
We used the fake one for years, but changed to the real thing about 15 yrs ago. Ever since the change, my bllod pressure has gone down a lot. Hated it when the fake branches would fall out and besides; the real tree smells a whole lot better!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,183 Posts
We have a fiber optic one. The ends light up and change colors as the wheel underneath turns around. Really neat! You can get them table size or floor size....

·
Registered
72 Posts
We have had all types of Christmas trees real,white flocked,live(balled) and a few dead ones (turned brown) now we have an artifical one with 1200 lights already on it is in 3 sections and can be put up in about 30 min. would not have any thing else.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
A fibre-optic christmas tree?? You gotta be kidding me. :lol: That sounds cool! Soon, we'll probably have floating hologram trees. :razz:

·
Registered
155 Posts
We always get a cut tree even though they are not very cheap here in Tucson. The smell is great. There's also a cut-your-own program here which is fine if you want to drive half-way across the state to get one.

We started decorating our tree last night and once the lights were all in place I noticed that every blue light on the first string buried deep inside the tree had gone out. :eek: Had to unwind all the strings on top of it to get it out and fix it. So now we get to start over tonight. Gimme eggnog...

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Looks like it's split right down the middle with fake and real.
Growing up, we always had a fake tree. Don't know why.
Since I've been buying my own trees, we've always had a real one.
A few years ago, we started buying it a little smaller, like 5 feet, and putting it up on a small table...this way all the presents fit underneath it without taking up so much room in the living room.
And, yes, in Northern California, even a 5 foot tree can cost up to $60. We found ours on a small lot for $24. MUCH More reasonable.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Always had artificial and probably always will. We bought a new one this year (old one was over 25 years old) and got a super one at Costco for about $120.00 US. It is a 7 footer and looks great. Just wish I had some Mustang ornaments to put on it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Grew up on fake, now kids insist on real. I also have 3 foot fake to put up on the shelf as well. Paid $60 Cdn. for a 6-footer. I can't believe about that fiber optic tree of TwoStangWmn's, I would have loved that tree in my younger years (with some ganja).

·
Registered
164 Posts
As soon as we had our first child, we kinda started this tradition of going and cutting down an x-mas tree and bringing it home.

We've gone to the same tree farm for years now.

I was a fakey before that. :smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts