Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions on possible causes of the issue that DHG1641 just started having. Here's a description:

If I'm driving and the RPM's are low...like going 30-35 mph in 4th gear (about 2200 RPM), and I accelerate to gain speed, the car begins to feel like it's missing. Kinda like the power is cutting out momentarily. Once the RPM's increase, the problem stops. If I cycle through the gears normally from a stop, it doesn't occur. It's only present when the RPM's are low enough where I need to upshift. The missing seemes to be getting worse under these conditions... It's not the normal chugging that you experience when you need to upshift...it's definately a spark miss feeling.

I've read posts that using K&N air filters can damage the mass air flow sensor over time. I have a K&N installed...could this be the issue??? The issues sounds electrical in nature to me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I had the same problem with my CVPI and it was coil pack that was going bad, would not pop a code but you sure could feel it...

I bought couple of coil packs and started swaping them out, do a test drive then swaping again until I found the offending pack ended up being the last coil pack on the passenger side #4 cylinder which was the hardest to change... Damn coil packs cost $50.00 a piece
I would also clean the MAF also

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...it's not throwing up a code on mine either. Anyone else have any other suggestions?? BTW...how do you clean a MAF?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Go to the Bullitt achive button at the top of this page, and then Mustang maintenance button, there is detailed directions there

·
Registered
152 Posts
Same problem here. I can't stand that damn chuggin, like its missfiering or something. I got new plugs and a fule filter, haven't installed them yet. If it turns out to be a COP, I'm just going to get the GMS setup. Kind of expencive but I think it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
MY 98 GT did exactly what you're describing. Replaced the plugs and it fixed it. One of the plugs' electrode was worn to almost nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts