Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it out to Circuit of the Americas with the Bullitt. Went out with Edge Addicts for their intro to performance driving class. This was the cheapest I could find for COTA track time, $295 for 2- 30 minute sessions with instructor.

Great opportunity to run COTA at speed and see what it would take to run a weekend there. Used 2mm of brake pad in an hour being easy on the brakes. Will need an extra set of pads if I want to run here for a weekend and be aggressive on the brakes.

COTA brought out exactly the kind of cars you would expect. 100k+ cars were everywhere. Always fun to see these beast being used the way they were intended!

Here is a fun video from session 2. Passing corvette, porsche, tesla, honda, focus rs, charger, and having fun trying to reel in a new Camaro that can put 15-20 car lengths on me in the straights.

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
Who am I to argue with an instructor? Great driving! I could almost hear the Camaro driver muttering "WTF" as he glanced in his mirrors. :)

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who am I to argue with an instructor? Great driving! I could almost hear the Camaro driver muttering "WTF" as he glanced in his mirrors. :)
Yea studied a bunch of video so knew the layout, corner speeds, and a few reference points. Blew a few corners but overall not bad for my first time there. Will only get faster next time!

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
Enjoy track days while you can. Father time is a cruel bastid! You are a living example of the saying: "You go to the track with the car you have, not the car you wish you had."

And you're having fun experiences. I tip my hat to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts