Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Corvette

It depends........I sold a 1974 Corvette two years ago for $16K. It was a totally restored, numbers match car. I had won first place trophies with it in large shows. 1976 Vettes are not very desirable since they are poor performers. I had a 78 Vette also. It was an L-48 Automatic....real dog. Four speeds are a bit more fun to drive.
Even though the car has just a few miles on the clock, it could be a maintenance nightmare. Corvette parts are expensive! Rust can be a real problem since I think this model had a steel floor pan. I've seen drivers go for $7500. If it's a convertible, there's a bit of hope. If it needs paint, get out $5-8K.
Honestly, unless your friend has found a car that someone has really taken care on a continuing basis, I would stay away from it.
A dealer once told me to buy the newest Vette you can afford; if you want a car to drive. If you want a Vette in the driveway...........well........................
Vettes are stange animals..........If I ever buy another Corvette, it will be new with a warranty!
Just my opinion.........

·
Registered
424 Posts
Greg, I've got my 74 L82 4 speed T top insured for 18000.00 It has a quite a few more miles than yours.
Fair price for a 76 would be from 8 to 13000.00 .
How is the paint and interior? Mine needed both and some other work(brakes,spring). I spent nearly 10K and I had a lot of free help.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
ARMY TC said:
Vettes are stange animals
You're right on the money there. Dealer had mine two days this week. Told them it sounded like the belt tension thingy was squealing, had a recall issue with the roof, and a bubble in the A Pillar. Two days and all they managed to do was just about run it out of gas "trying" to figure out what it was. All I got was "We never heard it." Got to the gas station and heard it the minute I pulled in...had to order the pillar and "forgot" about the recall.

Now I'll just wait for it to freeze up and tell them "Geez, I never heard it either!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts