Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I did the same thing with a mouse sander and polishing pad on mine. It makes a huge difference, but you really can't tell from pictures. Before it looked like particle board and now like brushed aluminum. I did the discharge tubes pretty well and the top of the blower, but next time I take off the blower I am going to hit the rest of the blower and bracket with a dremel. It is a definite mod for anyone with a satin finished blower.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i remember you were the one who told me about it Dee, i was like well while i got everything off, i might as well clean it up a bit. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah you do!!....also...is there any reason you didnt choose the procharger? I really dont like the idea of knocking a hole in my pan with the vortec. Is there any reason you chose this set up? Is it better? Thanks

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1- it was what I could afford at the time. and if I couldve I would have gone turbo.

2- the pan thing isn't all that baf. its not just a hole. you actually thread it like a new fitting.

3- I know the elbow needs to be cleaned, its my every dayer so I don't worry about until shows like this saturday.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
the joker said:
Yeah you do!!....also...is there any reason you didnt choose the procharger? I really dont like the idea of knocking a hole in my pan with the vortec. Is there any reason you chose this set up? Is it better? Thanks
The reason that I went with Vortech over Procharger is that Procharger was having major problems with the seals failing. On the flip side, Vortech had a nearly perfect record on Bullitts.

The hole in the pan is no big deal, and is actually a benefit. We have 5 quarts of filtered oil lubricating our supercharger, but the others don't even have a quart.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok cool deal. Thanks alot for the info. I will have to decide when that day comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts