Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im going to try the liquid clay bar stuff on my car friday and im going to wax it as well. i was wondering should i glaze the car as well after using the liquid clay bar or should i just skip the glaze?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Clean
Clay
Polish
Wax

:)

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I'm actually doing that same thing this week, but I'm skipping the claybar. I use Meguire's 3 step process. First wash the car, then Quik Detail the car, then apply Step 1 (Paint Cleaner), then apply Step 2 (Polish), then re-Quik Detail. Finally I use Tropi-Care (Zaino knock off) for wax instead of the Meguire's wax. The paint will be smooth as glass, but it is a lot of work.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i will decide tomorrow. my dad told me i can skip the glaze if i want but i think im going to. i usually use meguiars #7 glaze and #26 wax (i think those are the numbers) but i am going to try eagle 1's nanowax. they had a good sale on them at pepboys so i thought i would give it a try. has anyone else used this wax before?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I am doing nothing but cruise shows this weekend. Car is prepped and ready to go! :grin:

My regimen:

CA duster
Meguiars Tech NXT Detailer
Done

(garage queen with 7,000 miles) :grin:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Bill I do the same thing their easy to clean if you never drive them...... I did get caught in freaking rain storm comeing home 2 days ago, about 2 hours of drying and detailing.....

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
i guess i will decide tomorrow. my dad told me i can skip the glaze if i want but i think im going to. i usually use meguiars #7 glaze and #26 wax (i think those are the numbers) but i am going to try eagle 1's nanowax. they had a good sale on them at pepboys so i thought i would give it a try. has anyone else used this wax before?
you could skip it
but the wax seals in your polish job and offers some protection to the paint

per the thread...
I also wash with Dawn or other dish soap before a full detail.

I also HIGHLY recommend claying. I used to never do it, didn't really know about it either. The difference in the surface is more drastic than all the other combined things you do during a detail IMHO :D It may not look a whole lot better, but the feel is downright amazing. Plus it gets all that gunk off the car for a better and more quality polish job.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thanks for all the respnses. i think i am going to use glaze as well. i cleaned the interior of my car with eagle 1's nano protectant (i think thats what it is called). i like it but i don't know if i like it as much as meguiars interior cleaner but i am very happy with the results. i will try to post pictures when i am finished tomorrow.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im almost done with the bullitt. just letting the wax dry then all i have to do is buff it. i will take some pictures of it and the other mustangs if anyone wants to see them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts