Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried all the products know to me. I now use 3 % hydrogen peroxide, put it in a spray bottle, spray on towel and clean the windows. I think it does a good job. For me to say I did a good job on inside of windows, leaves me flabergasted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Something that has worked very well for me, no streaks, no smudges, no cloudiness...nothing...I use the very same Mothers Showtime detailing spray on windows as I use on the car itself. It has also worked the same way with Meguirs detailing spray. If the windows are dirty, clean them with windex or whatever, then use the detailing spray and a clean micro fiber towel...doesn't leave any marks at all. And my windows are tinted also, never hurt the tint. I would recommend trying a small spot first however, all tint film might not be the same.

The way I figured it, if the detailing spray worked so good on a porous surface ie; the paint, then it would work great on windows. Like I said, it doesn't leave any marks at all.

Figured I'd just pass that along.

·
3,389 Posts
Save your money!

I found a fool-proof way of cleaning the windows, inside and out. First, take a clean lint free cloth, warm to hot water ONLY. Wipe down the window. When satisfied that window is clean, immediately buff with a clean, DRY micro-fibre towel. Crystal clean, no streaks. If you do see a streak, re-buff area with micro-fibre towel. Cheap, easy and chemical free.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^I will try doing what you say^^^

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rblack4405 said:
^^^^I will try doing what you say^^^
Invisible Glass did a good job, I am the worst at cleaning windows.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have never done them perfectly.
I think they are clean, cant see any streaks or spots, get in the car and move it and I can see the entire rear window is streaked because the light source is different.
Lately, I`m just not that interested anymore.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
DON"T us Windex. It will etch all plastic. If you get any on the interior plastic, especially the dash, radio lense or clear gauge cluster you might wind up being very sorry. Do what Terry said and use warm clean water without any cleaners. And dry with a towel either microfiber or cotton. No issues, I promise.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
DON"T us Windex. It will etch all plastic. If you get any on the interior plastic, especially the dash, radio lense or clear gauge cluster you might wind up being very sorry. Do what Terry said and use warm clean water without any cleaners. And dry with a towel either microfiber or cotton. No issues, I promise.
I'm with Doc, I just don't bother any more. As long as nothing is in my immediate vision line, I don't care. Unless of course, you can see it from the outside! :grin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I use something my Mom used on her windows. Distilled water, vinegar and some rubbing alcohol mixed in a spray bottle. I use a white terry clothe towel to apply and use newspaper to dry. Be using it for 40 years or so. Works great, no streaks ever!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I like the Stoner's invisible glass....though like everything else its a PITA. One trick I learned from an old timer (not many left older than me), was to wipe the outside horizontally or vertically only. Then wipe the inside the opposite way. That way, you can at least tell which side (inside or out) needs more work. Saves you a little bit of time and grief, especially when climbing in the back.:neutral:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
brucebotti said:
I like the Stoner's invisible glass....though like everything else its a PITA. One trick I learned from an old timer (not many left older than me), was to wipe the outside horizontally or vertically only. Then wipe the inside the opposite way. That way, you can at least tell which side (inside or out) needs more work. Saves you a little bit of time and grief, especially when climbing in the back.:neutral:
You can't be too old if your climbing into the back.:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Back in the day I had an 84 Capri. Which had the hatchback bubble window. It was a BIG glass. If it weren't for the hatch thing, it would have probably been cleaned once in the five years that I owned it. #1152 had the dealer clean the rear window before I bought it, and I cleaned it again last spring. Far too often!

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
I have the windows down most of the time and not only is the back glass a PITA to clean
but all the bugs and bits end up on the back shelf as well and is a real pain to get at.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Every time I get behind the front seats to clean back window or shelf I seem to get stuck by the front seat and have trouble reaching back to release the seat so I can get out. :redface: Sounds stupid doesn't it.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I slide both front seats forward, then fold the right front seat back forward, take of shoes and climb in the back. Works well for these bad knees and back. Use a few sheets of the lint roller around your fingers to get the lint of off the back shelf.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I removed the package shelf. This made cleaning the window MUCH easier and I also was able to clean the debris off the shelf easily with a vacuum.....John R

1 - 20 of 27 Posts