Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
The original finish is very 'fragile', will come off very easily if you do anything more than a light wipe with plain water or a quality detailer (damp only). No harsh chemicals, no cleaner wax, nothing even remotely abrasive. Once the original finish is gone, it's gone. No choice then but to fully polish, paint or powder coat. But none of these will exactly replicate the original finish.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
So? you post pics, but don't say how your brace is finished?
:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::roll::roll::hrm:
The original finish is very 'fragile', will come off very easily if you do anything more than a light wipe with plain water or a quality detailer (damp only). No harsh chemicals, no cleaner wax, nothing even remotely abrasive. Once the original finish is gone, it's gone. No choice then but to fully polish, paint or powder coat. But none of these will exactly replicate the original finish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sorry for the delayed response still figuring the site out.. Thanks that's very good to know. The brace looks like its oxidizing a little so I was looking to polish it, but I'll leave well enough alone.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I messed mine up to with point that I had mine redone, looks better powered coated.

IMG_0515.jpg

Reactions: tigerhonaker
1 - 6 of 6 Posts