Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning our grills REALLY sucks!
I tried a paint brush , rags, paper towel. I don't want to use compressed air , because I don't always have access to the air.
There has be a easier way to make our grills black?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Toothpicks, Q-tips, microfiber cloth, and quick detailer spray... Seems I need to clean it almost every trip. Bugs love that honeycomb grill.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oldlugs said:
Toothpicks, Q-tips, microfiber cloth, and quick detailer spray... Seems I need to clean it almost every trip. Bugs love that honeycomb grill.
I know, that is a lot of work to keep clean! I liked the grill so much that I bought the lower grill inserts to match the top grill.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
This is what Products I use & they Work Great !!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackPony said:
Cleaning our grills REALLY sucks!
I tried a paint brush , rags, paper towel. I don't want to use compressed air , because I don't always have access to the air.
There has be a easier way to make our grills black?
I use a Boar's Hair long bristle brush and lots of Griots Car Wash.

Plus their Bug Cleaner.

Works just fine.

Here are pics of the Products I use and they work.

They are Not Very Cheap but they are Really Top Notch Products.

Hope this Helps You with the Bullitt-Cleaning and Bug Removal Front Grille Cleaning.

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I use a long handled, soft nylon bristled wash brush I found at Walmart, probably meant for washing R/V's or tall trucks. The wife thinks it looks like I am brushing the Bullitt's teeth when I use it. I then use a leaf blower to get most of the water off after rinsing.

·
Registered
930 Posts
jainser said:
I get the kids to do it. It nearer there height at least!!!!!

Bung 'em a couple of quid.....sweet

And then get them to climb the chimneys and clean them out too, no doubt...
Victorian Dad Rules! :lol:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I agree with Von I see a black bar grill in my future (upper & lower). My current plastic grille is real flimsy at best & is vary cheaply made at best. I bet the whole grille cost Ford about $5.00 at least it should be anchored a little better (lower) is real loosie goosie.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I've got a real problem with 'mid-ge bugs' along the lake. Clouds of little green gnats that suck the paint off the front end.

All I do is 1) hose the loose bugs off with a strong spray from a regular hose nozzle, 2) lightly spray some Bug & Tar remover on my 3M clear mask, headlights, and in the honeycombs, and let it set while I'm filling the soap bucket, 3) then hose off again and get on with rinsing and washing the rest of the car as usual. I haven't had to brush at all. I've had to reapply to areas of the hood mask, but not the honeycombs.

PS: I have the no drill front license plate bracket which clamps the lower insert in place. Serves a two fold purpose as I've heard of the grills popping out.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I took a trip to the beach and the Bullitt was covered. In fact I had to stop once to clean the windshield. The next day I just hosed her down the bugs came right off with ease from the 3M clear bra. Money well spent. The grill came clean with the right amount of water pressure.

·
Registered
930 Posts
After every drive - 1.5" paintbrush and tease all them dead bugs out before they set like concrete... then wipe with a damp cloth and then if I'm in a really good mood, do the tight angles with a bunch of Q-Tips...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
the secret is to replace it with a roush or a shelby horizontal bar grille. easy to clean then!
How easy is it to change our the grille? How many bolts hold it in? I've thought about that too.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Use a Boat Brush

Okay, I've washed mine a few times and the honeycomb grill is easy to clean. I use a boat brush for washing the car. The soft brissels don't scratch and they get into all the nooks and crannies of the grill and the wheels.

I've used a boat brush for years on all my cars. Makes it really easy to wash.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bugs.......

I use a 12 GA. shotgun cleaning rod/soft bore brush..........after all it's a BULLITT!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
cobrafast1 said:
Okay, I've washed mine a few times and the honeycomb grill is easy to clean. I use a boat brush for washing the car. The soft brissels don't scratch and they get into all the nooks and crannies of the grill and the wheels.

I've used a boat brush for years on all my cars. Makes it really easy to wash.
Don,

I have never owned a boat so not sure what a boat brush looks like.

You got a Pic you can Post ???

tigerhonaker

1 - 20 of 33 Posts