Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm putting wheel spacers on 4175 I have ordered some cleartastic that goes behind the wheels to avoid rock chips. I wanted to get sheets of it to cut and put in other places for road trips. Although I was told that I couldn't just get it in sheets the guy said that he was hoping to get a Bullitt to do a test fit. As much as I would love to drive to Long Island to get it done I just can't justify driving that far. If anyone is in that area and would be interested let me know. If you know where to get sheets of the stuff that would be great as well.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I am going to call clearstatic to find out more. I saw the price of the stuff and looks a little expensive but evidently it is reusable. Just to let folks know, I have a friend with a Mach I he shows a lot and if he drives out of town to a car show he puts blue painter's tape on the fron bumper and seems to work very well.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
DHG 3840 said:
I talked to the people that run this website and they DO NOT sell Just sheets of the stuff. They are the ones looking for a Bullitt to test fit! They have sold sheets to PY AKA Cochese whatever Colin is going by now. In fact they mentioned him by his screen name! I almost laughed out loud! Anyway I tried to get them to Just sell me a couple of sheets of the stuff and they said they used to but had a bunch of people complaining about it because they didn't know what they were doing so they decided to stop selling it that way! I begged with NO LUCK! SO PY, Colin, Cochese if you can still get sheets from them can you buy a couple and let me buy them off you?:badgrin:

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
...So PY, Collin, Cochese if you can still get sheets from them can you buy a couple and let me buy them off you?
Jeff, the sheets that I had purchased were the pre-cut sheets that are designed to go behind the rear wheels of our Mustangs. That's what I used with regard to the hologram protectors.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Cochese said:
Jeff, the sheets that I had purchased were the pre-cut sheets that are designed to go behind the rear wheels of our Mustangs. That's what I used with regard to the hologram protectors.
I bought 3 sets and cut them up to fit over the side scoop and the lower side skirt in front of the rear wheel, I also used the precut for behind the rear wheels. They work great. I took them off to detail my car and they defiantly savedit from some nice chips. :smile:
Not to hijack but what kind of soap does everyone add to the water to install them with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts