Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch started making a clicking sound when I depress it. Its just one click and happens just before the clutch pedal hits the floor. It happens everytime. The transmission is great and the shifts are smooth. I have 2k miles on the car. What causes this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
just started happening on #196 last weekend. kind of annoying.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I too get the clicking clutch, and when I upshift to 2nd and 3rd there's a noise -I wouldn't call it quite a clunk - as the shifter is moved into position but before letting clutch out. Somewhere on another post someone said the Tremec trannies have a rep. for being noisy. I'm not sure whether to be concerned about this or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittgirl on 2001-08-26 12:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
10 Posts
The sound you hear when you depress the clutch is the sensor for the cruise control. The clicking sound is normal and I wouldn't be worried about it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't think that's it TruBlue. The cruise control sensor is right at the top. i barely tap the clutch and cruise control goes off. This click is about midway for me, and it sounds like it's further down for the other guys. And for me it doesn't happen every time i depress the clutch. If it were the cruise control, i'd think it would click every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts