Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby was bringing Bullette home from town and getting on the freeway ramp. It is a circular type ramp so you can't get up too much speed at the beginning till you reach the straight-a-way. So he is gunning it and looking over his shoulder to see if it is clear to pull over into the drive lane and some stupid lady 2 cars ahead of him STOPS on the ramp to wait for it to be clear! So to keep from hitting the car in front of him that ALSO had to brake hard he had to slam on Bullette's 13" brakes. He said he was having pretty much speed by that time and that those big Cobra brakes came in handy! BTW He left a good patch of rubber there too!

:bullitt: Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-07-22 21:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
193 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how many people out there cant drive worth a squat. I think they should stop giving licenses away so damned easily. People should have to practice and pass a real test. ie how to merge, how to brake and steer, how to panic stop, how to correct a skid, etc. People who stop on merge ramps should be forced to take the bus!

Two types of drivers seem to dominate the road: Those who think they are the center of the universe, and those who have their head up their butts. Your on-ramp dingleweed was one of the latter. Keep your eye out, you will be able to spot them and place everyone in one of those two categories.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cat for the input. ROTFLMHO BOB!!!!!

I am litteraly laughing as I type this! I am trying to imagine the scenerio of all the smoke from your tires! :lol: I love it when I see people "giving their horses a ride" letting along getting them out of the trailer for a stretch!

Yes, I shutter when I think of what may have happened after hubby would have gotten out of Bullette and seen what damage that stupid lady would have caused to her! Whew!

Vicki

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had two accidents that were caused by the exact same thing, clear road for merging and someone stops. I had a 86' GT that I rear ended into a idiot that stopped. Of couse on a rear end accident its the guy in back that is to blame. Now I make damn sure that the person in front of is gone before I merge, and with the Bullitt I can merge anywhere I want! :grin:

As they say..."Here's your sign!!"

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ditto that smasher!!
it is WAY too easy to get a driver's license in the good ol' US of A.
in most of europe, you have to be 18 years old, take much more and in depth driver's ed, and pass a MUCH more stringent drivers test
why not do that here??

ps: there was a GREAT article on the Bondurant school of driving in Phoenix in the lastest(September) issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords and one of the courses they offer is a drivers training course for teens!! much better training and education makes for a much better driver. teens don't realize the full impact they have on the highway or the responsibility they have to others while driving( i know I didn't when i was 16 to 20) and Bondurant makes for a better driver.
i would LOVE to take one of his courses!!

and i hate to take away anyone's freedom, but driving tests should become mandatory after age 65 too! ( maybe every 5 years??) would take about 1/3 of the drivers off of Florida highways though...... petroleum companies and car manufacturers would probably fight that along with AARP

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-23 14:18 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
true bob, you get a LOT of "snowbirds" driving to florida in the winter that have motor homes and cars attached too! some are good rivers and some.........well, you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts