Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took #5355 DHG today needing 25 miles to get to 1000 miles on the odometer. Also to see how it would react in really cold weather. Its was 28 outside when I rolled out of the garage. I let it warm up and then took off. This car is night and day when its this cold out. It just kept pulling hard the more I pushed on the gas. It was GREAT!! This will be the last time #5355 sees the road till may 2002. We have a winter storm watch for later today. Syracuse get 175 to 200 inches a year. They use salt to keep the roads clear. I'll wait into May for the rains to wash the roads free of salt. Have a Happy Holday Bullitt Owners ....Waiting for spring

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Hey, Karl!!! Did you see that big wreck on the westbound Eagle Road onramp to I-84 yesterday? Damn, it looked like a junkyard!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
What really burns my shorts is Idaho's lack of maintaining the roads during or after a storm! I didn't see plow one from the 278 mile marker all the way to the 141 at Bliss on I-84. And Idaho State Police want's to know why there's so many wrecks. :???:

Whether you enter the state from Oregon or Utah, the roads will be plowed and just wet, but as soon as you cross the state line into Idaho, sheet ice!

What's maddening is Idaho's road use tax rate is among the highest in the U.S. :evil:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
75 and clear blue.
Was the perfect day to tool around for no particular reason and listen to my MAC highflow H and FlowPath mufflers!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yup, same here,I just beat the salt trucks home tonite. Well.......April's coming.....

#1748 DHG :bullitt:
2004?? Cobra (Started thinking about it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-12-08 19:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-08 19:40, Dennis wrote:
75 and clear blue.
Was the perfect day to tool around for no particular reason and listen to my MAC highflow H and FlowPath mufflers!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Dennis, if you were really a nice guy, you'd get one of those huge Sky Trains and haul my freight up to Idaho for me! :lol:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I guess it really sucks to live up north this time of year and have to store your car and wait for warm weather. It was pretty cold here today. It got down to 45 degrees. We might have one or two days a year when ice is on the roads. If that's the case then I won't be able to get out of the driveway anyway.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Karl, is that your plantation? What a spread! (or is that what he said?) :lol:

frank bullitt: Not me! I'm not waiting till May to bring the Bullitt out! Look out March, here we come! They don't use salt here on the roads in winter. It is a solution that supposedly doesn't hurt the cars, and they gravel a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-12-09 00:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-08 23:09, Railcop094 wrote:
I guess it really sucks to live up north this time of year and have to store your car and wait for warm weather. It was pretty cold here today. It got down to 45 degrees. We might have one or two days a year when ice is on the roads. If that's the case then I won't be able to get out of the driveway anyway.

Yes, it sucks to have the Bullitt stored. I'll have to get my speed thrills on skis as soon as it snows. Not quite the same thrill, but a thrill nonetheless.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well you could be missing winter completely like I am. Left home before winter and now i'm below the equator and its summer here. By the time i'll ge back it will be spring. Nice here, 90s, sunny, and cool breeze of the ocean. Sorry can't say where I am.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
On 2001-12-09 11:57, Toms6801 wrote:
Well you could be missing winter completely like I am. Left home before winter and now i'm below the equator and its summer here. By the time i'll ge back it will be spring. Nice here, 90s, sunny, and cool breeze of the ocean. Sorry can't say where I am.

Is Diego Garcia south of the equator?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey all, you really need to take a (long) drive up to Toronto and visit parts of Canada right now. The weather in Toronto is incredible for Bullitt-driving! The second week into December, and not a snowflake in sight! PLUS, the air is bone-dry and about 40-45 degrees--- absolutely MINT cold air induction.

The Bullitt DOES come more alive (and the engine response is just plain crisper) in this air!

See ya up here soon! Vroooooommmmm.... :grin:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Railcop, I hate winter (I have 2 stangs stored since Oct-Nov.). It's a fact of life where I live, I can't wait to drive them - but for now it's the 4X4. The only good thing is skiing. TwoStangWoman, how have you been lately?, I passed through your fair town about 2 months ago. If you're bringing the Bullitt out of hibernation early, watch out for that gravel on the road. I took my snake out in May of last year on the highway and got a bad rock chip on the hood, it was only 9 days old!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Karl, I just KNOW that it's around the corner :sad:

I'm just completely surprised by just HOW GOOD it actually is up here this late/early into December!

I'm loving every minute of it!! :grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts